Changing your mind

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mary Jane Watson

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since we are almost halfway through this application process and many people have been on interviews, I was wondering if people's top choices have changed... Did you have your heart set on one school and now you've changed your mind?

I'll go: I was sold on UAB, which is a great school, but after interviewing at South Alabama and doing some research on financial aid and housing, I think I'll be heading to Mobile (about 85 percent sure). I loved the Children's and Women's hospital, the professors and administrators I met as well. The students were great also. I haven't heard from UAB yet, and I've been accepted to South. Still weighing everything, though, but I feel pretty good. Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

I have to say that my first choice has remained constant since the beginning. Well, that's not necessarily true--choice #1 was my fifth interview. So before interview #5, my first choice went from original first choice to the first school I interviewed with. But, as soon as interview #5 happened, I went back to my original first choice. But now I have a 1.5th choice school (not quite first choice because of weather and financial considerations, but still one of my very, very top choice schools. Choice #1.5 is not interview #1.).

Since I have only 1 interview to go, I think my list and top choice will stay the same from now until decision day. Plus, choice #1.5 is still theoretical, and choice #1 is a lock. (Judging from the fact that I am already looking for a house at choice #1, I think I am pretty sure of where I am going!)

:rolleyes: :D

mma