Chapman University DPT: Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bearcrumbs

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to see if anyone else here on the forums was admitted and will accept admission to joining Chapman University's DPT Program Class of 2020 (whether Summer or Fall 2017). I will be joining Summer 2017. I'm super excited and looking forward to this new journey! Can't wait to hear from other fellow Chapman classmates!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone that applied for just fall heard back? I've seen a bunch of people share their acceptances but idk if it's just the summer cohort that has heard back so far

Has anyone that applied for just fall heard back? I've seen a bunch of people share their acceptances but idk if it's just the summer cohort that has heard back so far
I applied for Fall 2017 and have not heard anything back yet! In in email they sent back in September, I believe they said they wouldn't be making decisions for the Fall cohort until January. I submitted my application to PTCAS back at the end of August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Admitted last week! The deposit required for enrollment placeholder is surprisingly large...

Admitted last week! The deposit required for enrollment placeholder is surprisingly large...
Congrats! Have you submitted your deposit yet and are you going to be part of Summer or Fall? The $500 deposit seems to be pretty standard amongst most schools I think.

Congrats! Have you submitted your deposit yet and are you going to be part of Summer or Fall? The $500 deposit seems to be pretty standard amongst most schools I think.

I submitted already. I chose Summer 2017. I want to get started!

I submitted already. I chose Summer 2017. I want to get started!
That's awesome, we'll be classmates! I haven't had a chance to meet anyone yet so I'm pretty excited. Have you heard or received anything since putting in your deposit?

Are you out of state or in the area. I definitely plan to move closer to campus so I'll need to figure out the living situation and see who wants to share a place.

I was just accepted yesterday for the Fall cohort. :)

That's awesome, we'll be classmates! I haven't had a chance to meet anyone yet so I'm pretty excited. Have you heard or received anything since putting in your deposit?

Are you out of state or in the area. I definitely plan to move closer to campus so I'll need to figure out the living situation and see who wants to share a place.

No, I haven't received anything since submitting the deposit. Just gotta continue playing the waiting game again!

Hey everyone I just submitted my intent to enroll and payed my deposit for the fall 2017 semester! Looks like i'll be seeing some of you there :)

Hey everyone I just submitted my intent to enroll and payed my deposit for the fall 2017 semester! Looks like i'll be seeing some of you there :)
Congrats!!

How did you guys find out so quickly by the way? IIRC the application wasn't due until 11/15.

Congrats!!

How did you guys find out so quickly by the way? IIRC the application wasn't due until 11/15.
I found out on 11/17 and others have said they found out on later dates. This they may still be sending out acceptances!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any of you accepted have prerequisite classes still remaining?

Do any of you accepted have prerequisite classes still remaining?

Yes, I do. I am currently taking an accelerated program to finish Physics 1 and 2 this fall. :) I have been accepted for the May class.

I accepted my spot in the Summer cohort a few weeks ago :). I was wondering though, does anyone know why the graduation rate is (relatively) low? 89%? Is it just an incredibly difficult program from an academic standpoint?

Just received an email that I've been put on the waitlist. Has anyone else been waitlisted?

Reactions: 1 user
All their spots for both summer and fall are filled right now. I was one of the last they accepted and was pressured to put in my deposit right away. But don't give up hope, I have a few interviews coming up and will forfeit my spot if I get accepted to any of them. I'm sure others are planning on doing the same.

Does anyone know if they will release where we rank on the wait list? I know other schools have told me what number on the list I am, just curious where I fall on this one

@clyn2002 do you have to ask them specifically what number you are on the list or do they just tell you?!!

Not sure. I just tried emailing the address at the bottom of email they sent and will let you know what I hear back. The other schools I got wait listed to just told me in the email though

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email today also that I'm waitlisted. I went to an info. session they had a few months ago & I believe they said they don't tell you what number you are ranked on the wait list. I might still try to call them next week to find out. If anyone else knows if they give out rankings please post!

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to see if anyone else here on the forums was admitted and will accept admission to joining Chapman University's DPT Program Class of 2020 (whether Summer or Fall 2017). I will be joining Summer 2017. I'm super excited and looking forward to this new journey! Can't wait to hear from other fellow Chapman classmates!
Congrats!! I was accepted into both Summer and Fall but have chosen Summer 2017. Has anyone joined the Facebook group to meet each other?

Congrats!! I was accepted into both Summer and Fall but have chosen Summer 2017. Has anyone joined the Facebook group to meet each other?

I am also part of the 2017 class! :) As of now, the Facebook group has been pretty quiet.

For all those wait listed, here is the answer to how they rank it: "Regarding the wait-list, we employ a system that is based on an algorithm to group applicants into tiers. Unfortunately, we are not able to identify a specific rank on our wait-list. These details are outside of our purview.When space is available, our system will provide us with students to contact. If we have capacity to admit you and others, we will reach out to you by email and the seat(s) will go to whomever is first to confirm intent to enroll."

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I do. I am currently taking an accelerated program to finish Physics 1 and 2 this fall. :) I have been accepted for the May class.
Hi! I am looking for an accelerated class. May I ask which accelerated program you are doing?