Charles Drew (the old LA County MLK-Drew program) psychiatry residency now reopening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uname943

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After the MLK shutdown mess, I didn't expect to see the residency re-open so soon. It looks like yet another county-heavy residency in LA with most/all the rotations at county or county-ish sites. The LA psychiatry residencies have been becoming increasingly competitive, and this program may help relieve that pressure.

Charles R. Drew University Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine
Psychiatry Residency Program

And they're hiring for a PD
PSYCHIATRY RESIDENCY PROGRAM DIRECTOR

Members don't see this ad.

I don't really have anything worthwhile to contribute but when I first read this thread title with Drew and LA, for whatever reason I was thinking about Dr. Drew.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't really have anything worthwhile to contribute but when I first read this thread title with Drew and LA, for whatever reason I was thinking about Dr. Drew.

Who actually unexpectedly is not a psychiatrist, but an IM-trained addiction doctor.

Reactions: 1 user
whatever happened to the woman who was the program director last year? she is no longer there?