Charles Univeristy in Prague?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is just out of curiosity as I have no idea how realistic this is. Basically, I would like to work in the US after medical school because I am from the US, but the idea of studying medicine in a place like Prague seems very exciting. What I am wondering is how difficult it would be to get a residency in the US after graduating from Charles U. Would this put one at a serious disadvantage residencies other than FP and IM? Or would a Charles U grad be as competitive for the more competitive residencies as an actual US grad?

Members don't see this ad.

You have not provided enough pertinent background information to answer a question that only one person can answer themselves.

It's not going to be easy for any foreign trained doctors especially with the disproportionate increase in numbers of american med students compared with residency spots yada yada yada.... That being said, a quick google search (medical resident charles university prague) returned info on a colorectal surgeon, a cardiologist, an oncologist....