Quantcast

CHarlotte Job Market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlanAlan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Anyone know anything about the Charlotte job market? Seems like lots of ERs managed by megagroups. How is the pay and work environment?

Thanks
Alan

la gringa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am a Charlotte native - trained elsewhere and worked in a larger city before returning to my hometown.

quick rundown:

2 big hospital groups -- Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) and Presbyterian.
CMC much has a much larger system, technically public and not for profit but an amazing CEO turned it into a hospital where anyone would want to go
Presby used to be the hoity-toity hospital, now they're both a mix

as far as groups:
MEMA has the presby's: main, huntersville, matthews. recently lost and/or gave up lake norman and davis regional
CMC main has a residency and has its own academia doc group
EMP has CMC-mercy, pineville, university, lincoln, and the 2 freestandings huntersville and steele creek. also iredell memorial in statesville.
Cabarrus EM Assoc has CMC-NorthEast and its freestanding in kannapolis
ApolloMD has CMC-Union and its freestanding in waxhaw
Mountain something has Lake Norman - 3rd group in 3 yrs

i work for one of these.
$$ --make more than i did in a major east coast city but less than those farther out in the country.
work environment (??not sure what you mean??) -- charlotte generally has good healthcare including some tertiary stuff at CMC. NO NURSING UNIONS of which i am aware. good work ethic in most staff and patient experience is stressed here more than anywhere else i have been.