Chase or T.H.E. as lender

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I've seen a number of these threads over the past few months, but unfortunately nothing that specifically compares these two lenders (Chase and T.H.E.). I've been trying to calculate the differences myself, but I have very little financial background. If anyone can point me to a website to help me calculate a loan repayment schedule, I would much appreciate it (the one I worked up in Excel doesn't match up with the no-bonus calculators I've seen).

Chase:
0.60% interest rate reduction for payments made automatically from a checking or savings account (ACH).
1.0% interest rate reduction after the first 12 scheduled on-time payments.
Additional 1.0% interest rate reduction after the first 36 scheduled on-time payments.
Students keep the two 1% interest rate reductions permanently after making the first 48 consecutive payments on time.

T.H.E.:
Immediate monthly credit upon entering repayment equivalent to reducing the outstanding principal by 1.3% annually (benefit is retained unless delinquent 60 days or more on a payment).

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, I should mention that it seems to me like Chase is a much better deal because it cuts your interest so low... but perhaps I'm reading that wrong? T.H.E., on the other hand, just makes it so you pay back 98.7% of what you borrowed, correct?

The other main benefit of T.H.E., which I've heard multiple times, is that there is no condition on it - you'll get it no matter how deliquent you are. Alternatively, Chase sets plenty of conditions... but how uncommon is it to be unable to make a payment, especially if it's direct-debited so you don't have to worry? Does pleading economic hardship (which I hear many residents do) invalidate those requirements?

I went with one of my preferred lenders that didn't charge the extra 3% for the stafford loan. Bank of AMerica. They seemed to be the most flexible.

These are the two lenders that my school offers. Neither has origination fees or such. The only differences are those I listed above.

Oh, and I've since read that the 1.3% credit given with the T.H.E. loan is on the interest rate, not the principle.