Chatham

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jolly1234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone that has already had an interview heard from Chatham?

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an email saying Im on the alternate list. Not great new but not bad news. Hoping for an opening! Anyone else hear anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just from my understanding it seems that they sent out acceptance letters last Friday and they are now sending out to those on the waiting list.

Soooo does that mean I'm screwed? I believe my the people writing my LORs are just sending them out for the Dec 7 deadline.

Soooo does that mean I'm screwed? I believe my the people writing my LORs are just sending them out for the Dec 7 deadline.

I believe they still do interviews one day in January too. I think you have a better chance if you apply early but I definitely wouldn't say you are screwed

You should actually ignore me unless the OT program is the same as Pt. I thought this was under the pt section so the information I listed is very likely to be incorrect. Sorry about that

Still haven't heard anything. I'm freaking out!

For those who already had the interview at Chatham, I'm assuming you applied for the early decision right? The deadline for that was September 28th. I'm pretty sure Chatham doesn't do rolling admission. For those applying for the Dec 7th regular decision deadline, they won't look at your application until that deadline. That's what I was told by the admissions office anyway.

For those of you who have already gone for the interview, what was the process like? How long did it take?

Has anyone who applied to the December 7 deadline know when we will hear about interviews? Do they only give interviews to certain higher qualified applicants or is everyone required as part of the application?

Hi everyone,

I'm a current first year MOT student at Chatham. I was in your shoes at this time last year and this webpage really helped me with all the anxiety I had with the process. And believe me, I was stressed. Just to clarify a few things that might help: the majority of students accepted last year were not early decision. So that means if you're applying to regular decision you still have a chance to get in (I did)! Also, they don't look at your application for regular decision until the deadline, and it is definitely not a rolling admission process.

The interview is nothing to stress about, honestly, and is required by all selected applicants (not everyone gets interviewed). You go in pairs (that part was odd), and they ask you basic questions you would expect (why OT? what do you tell people when they ask what OT is? what were your shadowing experiences like? describe your strengths and weaknesses). Just be yourself- the professors want to see who you are as a person, not hear a perfect answer. Then you do a writing sample (critique a research study), and then a tour, and finally a Q&A session with current students (my classmates).

I hope you all hear back from Chatham soon, if you have any additional questions feel free to inbox me and I'd be happy to help.

Good luck!
-D

Anyone know when we should be hearing about interviews for the Dec 7 deadline? I would think soon, since it says online the interview date is Feb 9.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just emailed Lisa Meyers a couple of days ago and that we should hear back within the next two weeks!

Did anybody hear back from Chatham yet about an interview?? Kinda sorta freaking out here!! haha

I haven't heard either!! I have been checking my email constantly. I'm about to email Lisa Meyers but it sounds like you already did a few weeks ago!

I also e-mailed her last week asking how we will be notified and she said it would be through e-mail. I'm assuming it's either this week or next week since the interview is on February 9th!

Hey all. I just got the interview email from Chatham!

Hi! Thank you for your post. This is very helpful!

I wanted to learn more about the interview experience. Was the writting sample diffcult? I am not a great writer so I don't think I will do well...

Also how do you like the program? And is housing expensive?

Any info would be great!

Thanks again

I would think we should hear decisions tomorrow or Tuesday! How did you guys think the interview went?

Wait listed... Really disappointed.. This was my number one choice. Those of you who were accepted when is your deposit due? Trying to get an idea about when I may hear otherwise...hoping for the best.

The deposit was due March 1st I believe. I hope you hear back!

If it was due the 1st hopefully enough back out that I can be accepted. I really need to stay in Pittsburgh for family reasons.

Well I hope you get it then! I hear they have in the past accepted off of the wait list so I guess it just depends on where you are on the list.

anyone else attending in the fall? :)

What are you guys' stats looking like for Chatham?
I plan on applying in September/October, but my Statistics grade really messes up my pre-req GPA :/

overall - 3.3
prereq - 3.9
80hrs shadowing in pediatric school setting
130hrs shadowing in outpatient rehab setting

Chatham looks at the higher grade if you retake courses!

For those of you attending this fall: Is anyone looking at getting an apartment? I am not sure where to look.

Not in you're field but am from Pittsburgh, if you want to be relatively close to school I would suggest Shadyside(kind of pricey), Point Breeze, or Squirrel Hill.

I am also attending this fall! Not sure where I'll be living yet since I am coming from out of state but was looking at apartments in Shadyside. I think I am going to check out Point Breeze and Squirrel Hill though because I have noticed Shadyside is on the pricey side.

I know I was just looking at Shadyside. It's such a nice location but I don't think I can afford it unfortunately. I am also coming from out of state, about six hours away, so it will be kind of hard for me to look for apartments being so far away. Hopefully I can find some on the internet and then make a trip there to find an apartment.

Yeah, I'm coming from Chicago which is about 6-7 hours away so I'm in the same boat and will prob end up doing the same.

Anyone know if anyone off the wait list has been accepted yet?

has anyone received info from Chatham? I know we are supposed to get an ID and password and more info. I wonder when they are handing it out?

Anyone know the program date start for MOT 2014?

I'm trying to figure out housing and am hoping to find a roommate in Pittsburgh. Is there a facebook group for Chatham's incoming MOT class?

Information for people applying to Chatham!
Lisa Meyers left Chatham and there's some new lady there.
She told me their average stats for last year's class: 3.43 cum gpa, 3.38 pre-req gpa. She almost assured me that with their move to OTCAS, they will get a lot more applicants. No doubt.