Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Cheap Flights...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BUmiken12, Sep 18, 2001.

1. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Okay, I know this has been covered before, but I didn't see the topic, so I've decided to start a new one...WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO FIND CHEAP FLIGHTS? Orbitz and Expedia seem to bring up the same prices, and I can't find anything I need at Southwest.com.

2. HI...
    The cheapest Airlines to Fly right now are:

1) Air Afghanistan

2) Arabian Airlines

3) AIR ISRAEL

For some reason...the demand for tickets on these airlines has gone down recently ;)

3. simpleton

simpleton Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I would check orbitz, yahoo travel, and the individual airlines websites. I bought a roundtrip direct flight through southwest for $85.00 and thats after all those silly taxes that they add on. Can't beat that!

4. girl

girl Member
    7+ Year Member

Priceline.com is by far the cheapest ticket provider around. However, you have to be extremely flexible with your travel time on the day you choose b/c you could get anything from 6am to 10pm. Also, you will always have to make a connection. If you don't mind spending that full day travelling, priceline definitely has the cheapest tix. I've bought Chicago (ORD) to Newark (EWR) roundtrip for $115 on multiple occasions. Hope this helps...

5. Wednesday

Wednesday Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have had very good luck with Orbitz, but you have to keep checking back often since the prices can change literally within minutes. Also, Southwest just came out with some amazing specials for this week. Sign up for their email updates and you'll get their 30th Anniversary specials weekly which are $30 one-way tickets to selected destinations.

6. Amy

Amy
    Physician 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Also try hotwire.com and lastminutetravel.com.