Cheap Wills Eye Manual

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Redhawk

Fellow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For some reason, some book resellers are selling the new 4th ed of the Wills Eye Manual for really cheap (12.99 instead of 60.00). I just got one through a1books on amazon if anyone else is interested. It appears to be the same as the one I saw in the bookstore. I received it 3 days after I ordered.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-2747534-1631835?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Members don't see this ad.

Drug reps will buy one for first year residents at most places...

Save your money...

Originally posted by GlaucomaMD
Drug reps will buy one for first year residents at most places...

I guess that explains why people are selling them so cheap! Is it wrong to accept gifts from drug reps if you just plan on selling them for cash? It seems sort of like a loophole to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
This wasn't a resold drug rep book (at least there was no sticker or stamp which is often present). Getting them from drug reps is certainly an option, but I don't feel comfortable accepting $60 gifts so if I can pay $15 instead of $60 it's a great deal. Anyone else who feels the same way may be interested. That's why I posted the info.

Redhawk said:
For some reason, some book resellers are selling the new 4th ed of the Wills Eye Manual for really cheap (12.99 instead of 60.00). I just got one through a1books on amazon if anyone else is interested. It appears to be the same as the one I saw in the bookstore. I received it 3 days after I ordered.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-2747534-1631835?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

i dont see that it says 4th edition on there anywhere.. I'd make sure they're not just trying to dump their old 3rd editions. Even though is says it's a new book it could still be the old edition.

It is the fourth edition--if you scroll down the page and look at product details you will see this.

I already received one from a1books. It's the 4th edition.

it's the real deal - I just got mine.
Thanks redhawk!

The copy from "a1books" being sold on Amazon Marketplace for $12.99 is indeed the brand new 4th edition. I bet they were supposed to liquidate the discontinued 3rd edition, but marked-down the 4th edition by mistake.

I just got a refund via amazon.com saying that the seller has "sold out" of the books.

Dan