Cheap, yet classy passport size pics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys :love:

So, where can I find a place that has respectable pics (read: won't make me look TOO shabby) for a reasonable price?

And how fast can you usually get em?

Prices and names of places would be much appreciated.
::sigh:: so little time, to look so good. :(

Members don't see this ad.

costco...they print them in like 10-15 minutes and it's only five bucks...i think. whatever it is, it's super cheap.

CVS....$8 for 16 pics. the only thing that i don't like about mine is that they're a little too close to my face, so it's kinda scary. the salesgirl offered to retake them, but i was on my way to work and didn't have time, so that's my fault. anyway....after that, you can always do reprints on their little machine thing or at kinko's, or whatever.... hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Or buy glossy photo paper, find a good picture of yourself on the computer (if you have one scanned), crop out everything but your head, resize image if necessary to fit passport specifications, and print it out. Save picture, so whenever you need another photo like that you can just print it out instead of having to spend money each time you need photos.

Hi Tweetie,

You can go to any 1-hour photo shop. Or find a friend who has a digital camera, Photoshop it into 12-2x2's, and print it at Kinko's on thick, glossy paper for $1.75.

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
Hi guys :love:

So, where can I find a place that has respectable pics (read: won't make me look TOO shabby) for a reasonable price?

And how fast can you usually get em?

Prices and names of places would be much appreciated.
::sigh:: so little time, to look so good. :(

i went to walgreens', had two passport pics taken (8 bucks), and took it to kinko's, where they made 20 copies of it onto glossy photo paper for 3 bucks.

You guys ROCK! :clap: :clap:

Thanks for the wonderful (and cheap!!) ways to save me some money. :)

Tweetie

I just had someone take a bunch of pictures of me and then selected the best (I varied it up with some big smiles, some serious looks, some small smiles -- a regular photo shoot!). I then just got reprints made and cut out the 2x2 around my face for each secondary. I clarified with every school, and NOWHERE *required* a passport photo, even though it seemed like it. Just the appropriate size and a clear photo with enough of a close up.

So that approach is pretty safe too. Reprints are pretty cheap.

Cheap digital camera my g/f's parents got free with promo. Had g/f take a pic of my head. Cropped it, smoothed it, sized it to 2"x1.8" (yeah, I coulda included more of the sideways, but who's gonna notice/care?), imported into MS Word, made 14 copies (15 total).

Took the .doc file to Staples, had them print it out on their best stuff. Total cost $1.07.