cheapest, best dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slackerjock99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats the cheapest,best state school?

I'd like to eventually apply for a competitive fellowship but dont want the heavy debt

Members don't see this ad.

slackerjock99 said:

I'd like to eventually apply for a competitive fellowship but dont want the heavy debt

if you are a Mississippi resident, then the state school is only 5K/year! i'm not sure about the quality, just the cost.

if you want to specialize, don't focus on the cost. look for schools with high board scores, high matching rates to your desired specialty, etc.

slackerjock99 said:

Easy: it's the cheapest school that will accept you. Every dental school will adequately prepare you for a career in dentsitry, but the real education starts when you graduate. They don't call it 'the practice of dentistry' for nothing. If you want to be competitive earn the best grades and scores that you can and you'll be golden.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nebraska and San Antonio are really cheap for out of state students like
$15-20K a year.

flossin' said:
Nebraska and San Antonio are really cheap for out of state students like
$15-20K a year.

Good luck getting into Nebraska if you aren't from Wyoming or another state with an agreement with them. :laugh:

Sprgrover said:
Easy: it's the cheapest school that will accept you. Every dental school will adequately prepare you for a career in dentsitry, but the real education starts when you graduate. They don't call it 'the practice of dentistry' for nothing. If you want to be competitive earn the best grades and scores that you can and you'll be golden.

exactly! couldn't be said any better.