Cheapest Tuition From Online Schools That Are Accredited?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mirus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Does anyone know of any accredited institutions that offer online classes with low tuition? I'm a Louisiana resident but all of my states schools charge around $300-400 per credit hour (+ fees). I'm trying to find the cheapest school out there that AAMC would recognize as being accredited in order to boost my GPA.

Thanks in adv,
Mirus

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
New Charter University: flat-fee for enrollment, take as many classes as you can before the timer runs out per enrollment!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! How do you know if it's a school recognized by AAMC?

I have an MBA in Health Care Management from it (was bored).

Sound too good to be true. So when you applied to medical school, your AMCAS GPA included courses from this school? How long did it take you to complete your masters?

Sound too good to be true. So when you applied to medical school, your AMCAS GPA included courses from this school? How long did it take you to complete your masters?
You don't have to believe me: you can call AAMC and ask them. In fact, I'd recommend that over the word of some anonymous guy on the internet.

I finished a little less than a year (~10 months), but I was intensely bored. The material is A LOT, so expect to do this in 2 years' time if you are not familiar with anything related to business.

You don't have to believe me: you can call AAMC and ask them. In fact, I'd recommend that over the word of some anonymous guy on the internet.

I finished a little less than a year (~10 months), but I was intensely bored. The material is A LOT, so expect to do this in 2 years' time if you are not familiar with anything related to business.

Thanks for the info, however they're not enrolling students anymore.

That's odd. I went to https://new.edu/enrollments/new and a message popped up saying they're not enrolling.
Ah, you are correct. Looks like they are doing the merge with Patten (it was the same school/program). Patten and NCU are one in the same entities, but had different foci. I guess they are merging now. If I recall, Patten had the same concept, but different degrees offered. Looks like they offer the same ones now.

Keep in mind that using online classes to solely boost GPA will be incredibly transparent to med schools.