Registered Banned User
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 5, 2001
Oklahoma
Visit site
Status
Pre-Medical
Just a stupid question real quick. What medical school has the cheapest tuition here in the USA for out of state folks? I know in state residents get much cheaper tuition most everywhere, just wondering about the out of state is all.

ImmunoANT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2003
Philly
Visit site
Status
not sure, but i'll guess it's all the UC ... cheap and high quality :thumbup:

scooter31

'Ello Guv'nah!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2002
LAS <---> BOS
Visit site
Status
Uniformed Services.... $0

although you pay in other ways... :smuggrin:

About the Ads

vr4nut

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2004
TBD ;)
Visit site
Status
All of the Texas schools are cheap, like the third cheapest only to North Carolina and Puerto Rico, and they usually give in-state tuition to out-of-staters. Its relatively difficult to be accepted out-of-state though.

BananaSplit

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Status
It's all the UT's plus Baylor and Mayo

yalie_grad

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2004
New Haven, CT
Visit site
Status
the cheapest medical school is ECU. It is about $3000/year, although you have to be a NC resident to go there.

hilikus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2004
San Antonio
Visit site
Status
vr4nut said:
All of the Texas schools are cheap, like the third cheapest only to North Carolina and Puerto Rico, and they usually give in-state tuition to out-of-staters. Its relatively difficult to be accepted out-of-state though.

I know many a person who moved to texas and worked for a year before attending med school. They got the in-state tuition and acceptance. The tuition is $6500 per year. Very nice.

UseUrHeadFred

Oh no! It's a Wumpus!
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2004
Columbia, MO
Status
Krazed_Medic said:
Just a stupid question real quick. What medical school has the cheapest tuition here in the USA for out of state folks? I know in state residents get much cheaper tuition most everywhere, just wondering about the out of state is all.
According to MSAR, Mayo Medical School's tuition is $22,500, but since they only have 42 students a year, every last one of them gets a scholarship. It says that out of state people pay $11,250 in tuition. People from MN, FL or AZ pay $5,625.

Incidentally, this is one of my favorite schools.

OrthoFixation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2003
Livin' on Tulsa Time
Visit site
Status
hilikus said:
I know many a person who moved to texas and worked for a year before attending med school. They got the in-state tuition and acceptance. The tuition is $6500 per year. Very nice.

Hey, you're playing my song. I moved to Texas b/c of the many options, great quality, and low costs of medical education.

YoungFaithful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
Krazed_Medic said:

I know of a really cheap med school called YoungFaithful's School of Physicians and Surgeons.

Tuitioin = $1000 per year. Just make checks payable to YoungFaithful.

:thumbup:

Krazed_Medic

Registered Banned User
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 5, 2001
Oklahoma
Visit site
Status
Pre-Medical
YoungFaithful said:
I know of a really cheap med school called YoungFaithful's School of Physicians and Surgeons.

Tuitioin = $1000 per year. Just make checks payable to YoungFaithful.

:thumbup:
hmmm, somehow, I think i'll pass on that one. :D :rolleyes:

fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
Mass
Status
Umass isn't to expensive. But you they don't accept out of state applicants unless you are applying for md/phd.

About the Ads