Cheating on the Dental Admission Test DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1957user

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My neighbors son was caught cheating on the dental admission test (DAT). The whole situation is very sad, I don't know the details but the family has hired a lawyer. Question: Is there any chance the son will ever be admitted to Dental school even if he retakes the test and passes? (he was thinking University of Louisville Dental School) How long does he have to wait until he can retake the test after having been caught cheating?

Members don't see this ad.

No one has answered the question. I believe if you are caught cheating you can't take the test for 2 more years. I don't remember where i heard that...someone else heard that before?

However, if you are caught cheating, and it is obvious, then you might as well forget about DS anyways. They would never accept someone who cheated on the biggest standardized test for getting into dental school. What sort of ethics would they guess that person had?

sorry to bring this back up again but im really curious to know what the guy did. what if i cheat by accident if i dont know whats not allowed? ok, so you cant touch the screen, you cant bring anything in, but can you tilt your head totally to the side? what could you possibly do to cheat? are there other rules?

Follow their instructions and you ll be fine.