jane_doe

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
Status
Hi,

I just wanted everyone to know that you may want to recheck your NRMP account and make sure the status says "Certified ROL." This morning, I happened to check my yahoo account and found an email from NRMP saying my rank list was certified. However, I KNOW that I pressed certified and actually received an email from NRMP confirming that my ROL was certified. Anyways, I check my school email account everyday and never received an email saying that my ROL was NOT certified.... only on my yahoo account. So, I called them and they said that my rank list WAS confirmed, but that 2 minutes later I changed it and never re-certified (I deny doing this... I have no idea what they're talking about... I certified my list, shut down my computer after I go the confirmatory email, then went out to the bar... and have not thought about my ROL until this morning).

Apparently your school email servers can block spams and the mass emails that NRMP sends out to students warning them they must certify their list may never reach you. I only was aware that my ROL was not certified because I happened to have a secondary email account that I have on my nrmp profile. The help desk at NRMP said that if I double checked my account I would have not seen "certifed ROL" by status... but I honestly don't remember what is said (it now says certified, of course). Out of curiosity and general concern I asked the help desk "what if students didn't list a second email account, how will they know that their ROL has not been certified?" He replied, "Well we send them an email and if they don't get it, that's their problem." He was actually fairly nasty.

Long story short, I don't want to freak anyone out, but if you haven't already... 1) double check your status at your nrmp account 2) check all your email accounts: yahoo, aol, hotmail, etc and make sure you have no emails from nrmp 3) if you are still unsure, contact NRMP asap... you have
until noon on Feb 28th, monday.

Good luck to all, and again I don't mean to stress anyone out... it's just that I would have never known myself unless I happened to check my yahoo account, which I only do about once a month. It would be a shame not to match in IM b/c you don't have a secondary email account.

Take care.

OP
J

jane_doe

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
Status
Hi,

I just wanted everyone to know that you may want to recheck your NRMP account and make sure the status says "Certified ROL." This morning, I happened to check my yahoo account and found an email from NRMP saying my rank list was NOT certified. However, I KNOW that I pressed certified and actually received an email from NRMP confirming that my ROL was certified. Anyways, I check my school email account everyday and never received an email saying that my ROL was NOT certified.... only on my yahoo account. So, I called them and they said that my rank list WAS confirmed, but that 2 minutes later I changed it and never re-certified (I deny doing this... I have no idea what they're talking about... I certified my list, shut down my computer after I go the confirmatory email, then went out to the bar... and have not thought about my ROL until this morning).

Apparently your school email servers can block spams and the mass emails that NRMP sends out to students warning them they must certify their list may never reach you. I only was aware that my ROL was not certified because I happened to have a secondary email account that I have on my nrmp profile. The help desk at NRMP said that if I double checked my account I would have seen "certifed ROL" by status... but I honestly don't remember what is said (it now says certified, of course). Out of curiosity and general concern I asked the help desk "what if students didn't list a second email account, how will they know that their ROL has not been certified?" He replied, "Well we send them an email and if they don't get it, that's their problem." He was actually fairly nasty.

Long story short, I don't want to freak anyone out, but if you haven't already... 1) double check your status at your nrmp account, look for "Certified ROL" 2) check all your email accounts: yahoo, aol, hotmail, etc and make sure you have no emails from nrmp 3) if you are still unsure, contact NRMP asap... you have until noon on Feb 28th, monday.

Good luck to all, and again I don't mean to stress anyone out... it's just that I would have never known myself unless I happened to check my yahoo account, which I only do about once a month. It would be a shame not to match in IM b/c you don't have a secondary email account.

Take care.