cheesy post (i admit it!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cfdavid

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, here I am. I can't sleep, am bored and surfing SDN at 3 in the morning..... WTF??....

And I get the bright idea to post this thread. (Suddenly, I've been overcome with this "weird" feeling). But here goes.

Regardless of where anyone is in the application process, we all need to take a step back, and a deep breath now and then. Here's a conversation I had with my dad the other day;

Dad: cfdavid, I'm 57 years old. I'll be 70 in 13 years.... 13 years! That's nothin!....

cfdavid: Yeah, but it's still a lot of time.

Dad: No, it's not. Over twenty years is a lot of time... And you know what really matters?

cfdavid: What?

Dad: Having your health, and family, and being happy.

cfdavid: Yeah, I guess all the other stuff doesn't really matter does it?

Dad: Hell no. It really doesn't....

I think my pop was having a moment, because his dad passed away recently and I know he's reflected about things a lot recently.(he's a successful, self made, type A guy that tends to sweat the small stuff at times...)

Regardless, it made me think about how lucky I am, in general. Look at all the people that have it REALLY tough, you know? Whether it be a disabling disease or a life of abuse.... Whatever.... But, it's helpful to reflect on what we DO have, and to learn to appreciate them sometimes. I for one take so much for granted, and need to stop once in a while in order to keep things in perspective.

Members don't see this ad.

cfdavid said:
So, here I am. I can't sleep, am bored and surfing SDN at 3 in the morning..... WTF??....

And I get the bright idea to post this thread. (Suddenly, I've been overcome with this "weird" feeling). But here goes.

Regardless of where anyone is in the application process, we all need to take a step back, and a deep breath now and then. Here's a conversation I had with my dad the other day;

Dad: cfdavid, I'm 57 years old. I'll be 70 in 13 years.... 13 years! That's nothin!....

cfdavid: Yeah, but it's still a lot of time.

Dad: No, it's not. Over twenty years is a lot of time... And you know what really matters?

cfdavid: What?

Dad: Having your health, and family, and being happy.

cfdavid: Yeah, I guess all the other stuff doesn't really matter does it?

Dad: Hell no. It really doesn't....

I think my pop was having a moment, because his dad passed away recently and I know he's reflected about things a lot recently.(he's a successful, self made, type A guy that tends to sweat the small stuff at times...)

Regardless, it made me think about how lucky I am, in general. Look at all the people that have it REALLY tough, you know? Whether it be a disabling disease or a life of abuse.... Whatever.... But, it's helpful to reflect on what we DO have, and to learn to appreciate them sometimes. I for one take so much for granted, and need to stop once in a while in order to keep things in perspective.

Amen my brotha from another motha.

Post of the month.

We really are lucky to have this opportunity. I'm sure I'll look back one day and laugh at my small problems. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't mean anything. But the journey has been great this far. I wouldn't trade it in for anything. Well, almost anything. (like a VCU acceptance) :laugh:
(go VCU!!)

jbone said:
Amen my brotha from another motha.
Post of the month. We really are lucky to have this opportunity. I'm sure I'll look back one day and laugh at my small problems. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't mean anything.
(go VCU!!)

Go VCU, is right bro! We can sweat that one....lol Then again, it's not like we haven't been. lol