1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Chem 14 series at UCLA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by fadedrebel, Oct 22, 2002.

1. fadedrebel

fadedrebel Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Ok, I took the chem 14 series at UCLA and I have a question regarding the Vermont App,

Bascially UVM requires 1 year of both General chem and Organic Chem. And 1 year of lab for each. The chem 14 series at UCLA does not fulfill those requirements in organic chem, organic chem lab, general chem or general chem lab. I was wondering if anyone else from UCLA, who has taken the 14 series chem, has found that they needed to, based on UVM's requirements, take more chem classes...

or do they just accept the classes and meeting their requirements???

Any thoughts??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UCLAstudent

UCLAstudent I'm a luck dragon!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm in the 14D right now. I'm pretty sure that you don't have to take any more chem. classes because the 14 series crams the year's worth of general chem., organic chem., and lab into 2 quarters each. Can someone back me up on this?

4. kidsmd

kidsmd Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, you're right. UCLA has it crammed into some weird way where 2 quarters meets the requirements. I remember my counselor sending us an e-mail in regards to this about a year ago. She said the 14 series is enough and not to worry about it. I've put down these classes at other schools with the one year requirement and it's been fine.