chem for health majors = AMCAS science course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zzxxzz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before taking chemistry, I took a quarter of "General-Organic-Biochemistry I for Nursing and Allied Health." Class was a joke, but it WAS a chemistry course, taught by the chem dept. I know med schools still count courses that have been "replaced" by other courses; is this an instance where I might be able to count a course towards my sGPA even though I took standard gen chemistry the next quarter? It doesn't really matter, but one extra A would be nice :D

Members don't see this ad.

Before taking chemistry, I took a quarter of "General-Organic-Biochemistry I for Nursing and Allied Health." Class was a joke, but it WAS a chemistry course, taught by the chem dept. I know med schools still count courses that have been "replaced" by other courses; is this an instance where I might be able to count a course towards my sGPA even though I took standard gen chemistry the next quarter? It doesn't really matter, but one extra A would be nice :D
For my history degree, I took "Chemistry and your world" a course for non-majors, and it was counted toward my sGPA. So yes, it will count since it is a chemistry class by the chemistry department.

If it was offered by the chemistry department it should count in your sGPA.