1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Chem major

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lost, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Hi,
    I am presently contemplating on majoring in chemistry. I just wanted some inputs regarding the difficulty of the major, if its interesting and stuff like that. If possible, can someone please compare it with a Bio major and chemical engineering
    Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mj

mj Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

It really depends what you like. The majors are very different and different at each school. I like a lot of the higher level Chemistry I've been exposed to. I can't stand botany -- (both majors are very broad depending on the school). But I can't see myself becoming a chemist either. It all depends what you like.

Why are you considering chemistry?

mj

4. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

5. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sorry for the m/t post...regarding the difficulty, it depends on whether or not you really like "thinking and doing" chem. I have found that the more interested I am in the subject, the better I am at it. Personally, I found gen chem boring, but o-chem interesting, and my grades reflect such. But consider this: if you were to graduate with a degree in chemistry and did not get into medical school, would you like working as a chemist? Would you pursue an advanced degree in chem? You can major in basketweaving and still go to med school, as long as you fufill the prereq sciences.