Chem major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

lost

Hi,
I am presently contemplating on majoring in chemistry. I just wanted some inputs regarding the difficulty of the major, if its interesting and stuff like that. If possible, can someone please compare it with a Bio major and chemical engineering
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends what you like. The majors are very different and different at each school. I like a lot of the higher level Chemistry I've been exposed to. I can't stand botany -- (both majors are very broad depending on the school). But I can't see myself becoming a chemist either. It all depends what you like.

Why are you considering chemistry?

mj

Sorry for the m/t post...regarding the difficulty, it depends on whether or not you really like "thinking and doing" chem. I have found that the more interested I am in the subject, the better I am at it. Personally, I found gen chem boring, but o-chem interesting, and my grades reflect such. But consider this: if you were to graduate with a degree in chemistry and did not get into medical school, would you like working as a chemist? Would you pursue an advanced degree in chem? You can major in basketweaving and still go to med school, as long as you fufill the prereq sciences.