Chemistry Class with Lab Doesn't Say "With Lab"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudyLater

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It just says "General Chemistry I" or "General Chemistry II."
Should I add the "with Lab" in this situation, even though the transcript does not say "with Lab?" Would they infer that the lab is included, considering it is a 4 credit class?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It just says "General Chemistry I" or "General Chemistry II."
Should I add the "with Lab" in this situation, even though the transcript does not say "with Lab?" Would they infer that the lab is included, considering it is a 4 credit class?
Interesting, my G-chem was 4 credit lecture + 1 for lab

Interesting, my G-chem was 4 credit lecture + 1 for lab

Yeah it's really probably screwing with many of the pre-health people that have lab prereqs.

Just a product of a gigantor university that can't be bothered to look into basic requirements for its students.

I'm hoping the "with Lab" will suffice, considering it is not considered a whole separate class on the transcript. I'm not sure how that is generally viewed.

Also for physics it just says "General Physics" or "General Physics Lab" for both. Is that alright? I know a year of physics is required, but I'm not sure if I should input the "I" and "II" to signify which is which.

I remember adding "with lab" to AACOMAS and AMCAS when my courses included the lab-- weirdly at my school general chemistry had separate labs, but they were incorporated into the class for physics and organic chemistry. Nobody gave me a hard time about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys. Goro has also confirmed that it's fine to do this.

No. AACOMAS instructions says not to.
I didn't, and it was fine.

They want you to write exactly what is on your transcript. Otherwise, it MAY mess with the review and verification process. If it was me, I wouldn't risk it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Goro has also confirmed that it's fine to do this.

I didn't even think about this. My bio and physics are both with lab 4 credits but only showing Bio I, Bio II etc in my transcript. I was assuming AACOMAS knew if it's a 4 credit hour class it has a lab with it..... :(

I didn't even think about this. My bio and physics are both with lab 4 credits but only showing Bio I, Bio II etc in my transcript. I was assuming AACOMAS knew if it's a 4 credit hour class it has a lab with it..... :(

Yeah I really just didn't want to chance it. I'm not going to just expect the adcoms to be like "Oh, this says Bio II? That must mean bio II with lab!" I always think of the worst case scenario, like, "So he has Bio II, nice, but....wait, where's the lab?? Auto-reject this kid please. He doesn't have the prereqs."

Actually, yeah, you may have a good point. I didn't interpret the directions in that way and chose not to add Lab if it didn't say lab on transcript. But maybe I should have.

Last edited:
Actually, yeah, you may have a good point. I didn't interpret the directions in that way and chose not to add Lab if it didn't say lab on transcript. But maybe I should have.

Yeah I know. That was a concern of mine. Really not looking to extend this process past the minimal amount of time it would require.

But I don't think you need to worry...

Yeah I know. That was a concern of mine. Really not looking to extend this process past the minimal amount of time it would require.

But I don't think you need to worry...
Yeah, I know. Let me know if it comes up during the verification process. Hopefully not. My class + lab courses were 5 units, I feel that should of been plenty sufficient...