StudyLater

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
It just says "General Chemistry I" or "General Chemistry II."
Should I add the "with Lab" in this situation, even though the transcript does not say "with Lab?" Would they infer that the lab is included, considering it is a 4 credit class?

Roxas

Giggity!
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2012
Twilight Town
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It just says "General Chemistry I" or "General Chemistry II."
Should I add the "with Lab" in this situation, even though the transcript does not say "with Lab?" Would they infer that the lab is included, considering it is a 4 credit class?
Interesting, my G-chem was 4 credit lecture + 1 for lab

OP
StudyLater

StudyLater

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Interesting, my G-chem was 4 credit lecture + 1 for lab
Yeah it's really probably screwing with many of the pre-health people that have lab prereqs.

Just a product of a gigantor university that can't be bothered to look into basic requirements for its students.

OP
StudyLater

StudyLater

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm hoping the "with Lab" will suffice, considering it is not considered a whole separate class on the transcript. I'm not sure how that is generally viewed.

OP
StudyLater

StudyLater

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Also for physics it just says "General Physics" or "General Physics Lab" for both. Is that alright? I know a year of physics is required, but I'm not sure if I should input the "I" and "II" to signify which is which.

ortnakas

DO PGY-2
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I remember adding "with lab" to AACOMAS and AMCAS when my courses included the lab-- weirdly at my school general chemistry had separate labs, but they were incorporated into the class for physics and organic chemistry. Nobody gave me a hard time about it.

Reactions: StudyLater
OP
StudyLater

StudyLater

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks guys. Goro has also confirmed that it's fine to do this.

Giovanotto

5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2014
Status
Medical Student
No. AACOMAS instructions says not to.
I didn't, and it was fine.

They want you to write exactly what is on your transcript. Otherwise, it MAY mess with the review and verification process. If it was me, I wouldn't risk it.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Thanks guys. Goro has also confirmed that it's fine to do this.
I didn't even think about this. My bio and physics are both with lab 4 credits but only showing Bio I, Bio II etc in my transcript. I was assuming AACOMAS knew if it's a 4 credit hour class it has a lab with it..... :(

OP
StudyLater

StudyLater

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I didn't even think about this. My bio and physics are both with lab 4 credits but only showing Bio I, Bio II etc in my transcript. I was assuming AACOMAS knew if it's a 4 credit hour class it has a lab with it..... :(
Yeah I really just didn't want to chance it. I'm not going to just expect the adcoms to be like "Oh, this says Bio II? That must mean bio II with lab!" I always think of the worst case scenario, like, "So he has Bio II, nice, but....wait, where's the lab?? Auto-reject this kid please. He doesn't have the prereqs."

Giovanotto

5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Actually, yeah, you may have a good point. I didn't interpret the directions in that way and chose not to add Lab if it didn't say lab on transcript. But maybe I should have.

Last edited:
OP
StudyLater

StudyLater

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Actually, yeah, you may have a good point. I didn't interpret the directions in that way and chose not to add Lab if it didn't say lab on transcript. But maybe I should have.
Yeah I know. That was a concern of mine. Really not looking to extend this process past the minimal amount of time it would require.

But I don't think you need to worry...

Giovanotto

5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Yeah I know. That was a concern of mine. Really not looking to extend this process past the minimal amount of time it would require.

But I don't think you need to worry...
Yeah, I know. Let me know if it comes up during the verification process. Hopefully not. My class + lab courses were 5 units, I feel that should of been plenty sufficient...