Chemistry Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedap

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am honestly freaking out, I am taking my second semester of chemistry and I really dont understand what I am doing. I was absent one day and it was like I was gone for a whole month. Does anyone have any suggestions on websites, books I can buy, anything I am at lost and I have 43 days to make an excellent grade. Any ideas I am willing to take ??????? :confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I think if you read the chapters carefully and do the problems within the chapter and do all even or odd no problems in the end of chapter you will able to understand things better. I dont know what is your strategy now but I think you should do problems that follow each topic right after you finish the topic. and if you dont understand anything go bug your professor. I dont know if you are pre med or not but if you are, you will have to learn that chemistry and do well.
Goodluck :)

I'm right there with you. I don't know if you're Gen Chem or O-Chem though. I'm in O-Chem second semester, and i'm really having a hard time! I made a HORRIBLE grade on my first test, and i have another test on Wednesday that i've been trying to prepare for. I don't really have a lot of advice, cause i'm looking for some myself. So far, for O-Chem at least, i've read the chapters, and made flash cards over all the reactions. I plan on studying those reactions like mad, and probably re-reading both chapters and taking notes over them. Its hard to focus on this test when there are other classes to study for. (I have two more tests in Calc and Cell Biology on Friday!)I just want to be a doctor already! Or at least finish this 0-Chem with an acceptable grade!!

Members don't see this ad :)
For gen chem, I concur with the rest of the advice given here - do ALL the problems. And don't look up the answers in the study guide - use the text and your notes to get the problems done. After you attempt the problem sets, THEN look up the answers. It's kind of hardcore and frustrating, but it prepares you to take tests on the subject.

As for ochem, all of the above applies, but you also might want to make "stories" for the reactions. Start with the basic facts about the molecules, then find anthopomorphize thier relationships. I'm sure you can come up with a good story for a backside attack. :wink:

Good luck!

Nanon

I got B's in all chem lecture courses I took. I if I had gone to class, that would have been higher I am sure it would have been better. However, I went to a tutor to help me for analytical and it was definitely worth it. You get extra problems and help for when you get stuck. And if you go with a group sometimes the hourly charge per person is discounted. It depends on who you go to for the tutoring.