Chemistry major with Bio or Psy minor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gixxer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a Chemistry major with a 3.8 gpa. I plan to apply to med school within the next 2 years. I was just curious what would look better as a minor - Biology or Psychology? As you know, one is a life science and the other is a behavioural science. I enjoy both but I need to pick one and I really don't know which one. Any advice appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Minors aren't particularly meaningful to adcoms, so just pick whichever minor you find more fun and/or interesting! Now a PSY minor may be a little bit easier if you're looking for a GPA boost, but it doesn't seem like you are. If you absolutely cannot decide and have equal interest for both, I'd say bio. But again, your minor isn't going to matter hardly at all when applying to Med School.

I'm currently a Chemistry major with a 3.8 gpa. I plan to apply to med school within the next 2 years. I was just curious what would look better as a minor - Biology or Psychology? As you know, one is a life science and the other is a behavioural science. I enjoy both but I need to pick one and I really don't know which one. Any advice appreciated!

I think psychology would ultimately help you more (since you'll learn the bio in med school).

Members don't see this ad :)