Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Chicago Med. or Loyola?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by AAHHHHHH, Mar 19, 2002.

1. AAHHHHHH

AAHHHHHH Junior Member

Hey everyone, I'm curious about your input. Chicago Med. has a great program with fantastic rotations and match results. Loyola has a beautiful campus with a lot of opportunities and a nice reputation. Any additional info or opinions?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member

Loyola. I don't exactly understand why you're even asking. You have been to both campuses, right?

4. AAHHHHHH

AAHHHHHH Junior Member

Loyola's campus is clearly superior. But I think they rotate through their own hospital only and Chicago Med rotates through Cook County, Mt. Sinai, Norwalk General, etc., so I've heard one gets more hands on experience...

5. EMTgirl

EMTgirl Member

personally, i think loyola has a better program and a better reputation. i am just biased though because i will be going there. :cool:

6. GemPrincess

GemPrincess Senior Member

hey EMTgirl...do you have a place to live yet? i'm going to loyola as well and i REALLY don't want to live alone, but loyola doesn't have any sort of roommate service. just wondering what your plans are.....

7. EMTgirl

EMTgirl Member

actually, i think loyola does have some sort of list that they send out so you can contact people once the class is finalized. i only know this because my sister is a first year there. i will be living with her next year. just be careful where you live, there are some really shady areas around the school. it will be fun to meet you in person, we can have a beer for SDN!