Chicago programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medbee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
x

Last edited:
I have been visiting several residency programs in IL and I have to say that Gen Lutheran is one of the strongest community programs in Chicago. I would rank Lutheran after Evanston Northwestern Program but would rank it above all other community programs. They have fellowships in card (3), GI, and Heme/onc (1). They are in the process of building an additional facility, probrably for ICU and MICU, as I was told by one of the chief resident. Many of their residents matched into their fellowship programs, especially cards and GI, and a few elsewhere. I would say they have good fellowship placements, but not as good as ENH or other university programs in term of matching into strong university programs. However, the percentage of residents obtaining fellowships was comparable to ENH. From my perspective, residents are happy there. The chairman and program director are approachable and very nice.

I pasted a link to scutwork.com where you can read more information in detail about their daily schedule as well as reviews from previous residents at Lutheran. However, the information is from 2003

http://www.scutwork.com/cgi-bin/links/review.cgi?ID=187&d=1