Chicago schools: Northwestern vs. Loyola vs. Rush vs. Pritzker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cstar23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are these schools ranked in terms of quality of the program?

Right now I have them:
1)Northwestern
2)Pritzker
3)Rush
4) Loyola

And I have no idea where the University of Illinois at Chicago fits in. Is that about right? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

UIC is probably b/w Pritzker and Rush.

Some people will debate Northwestern vs. Pritzker for #1. However, I think Northwestern is in the top 5 for best med school locations in the country, which I think puts it over the top. They're both great schools, so the quality of the programs is about as good as it gets.

NU
UofC
UIC
Rush

Members don't see this ad :)
ADeadLois said:
UIC is probably b/w Pritzker and Rush.

In my opinion, Rush is a better school than UIC. It gets much more attention among Chicagoans and has a better reputation among same, its teaching hospital is fantastic and is improving all the time (check out the recent US News rankings, for example), and students love it there.

Pritzker
NU
Rush/Loyola
UIC

In my little opinion. :)

Bumping to hear new thoughts on this...

What about Rosalind Franklin? How does it compare to the other Chicago schools?

Having interviewed and been accepted this application cycle to Pritzker and Northwestern I would personally give Pritzker the edge over Northwestern. However, the decision as to which of these two schools is best is very much determined by the individual. Both schools have great facilities, research opportunities, and residency placement lists. However, the philosophy about education, the class size, the location within Chicago, and the attitude of the student body vary greatly. If you would like me to elaborate on these two schools feel free to message me. I believe both are fantastic institutions, and I plan to go to both of their second look days.

I have a few friends that graduated from Loyola and they gave this school glowing reviews in terms of the quality of the education and the clinical experience. I know that UIC also has a fantastic clinical program that provides lots of experience working with diverse populations as well. I have no experience with Rush or Rosalind Franklin, so I will not rank these programs.

1) Pritzker
2) Northwestern
3) UIC
4) Loyola

Having only applied to one of these and as its my only acceptance, I would say the clear-cut #1 is ....

Northwestern

Having only applied to one of these and as its my only acceptance, I would say the clear-cut #1 is ....

Northwestern

Ditto! I loved this school! Best interview day I've had. And my first acceptance, so I gotta show them some love. :)