Chicago State University College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone i have stared a new class of 2016 Thread, i am P1 student if you have any question about the admission process i am happy to give you any information. Looking forward to hear from all of you.

Cass of 2015
Hi, I got my interview invitation from CSU on March 16 2012, But some how I can't make it on, is there any suggestion for rescheduling? will admission committee will allow it?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
GPA 3.8
PCAT score .. too embarrassed to say but Math 95 and Chemistry 88
extracurricular activities - work as pharm tech for 8 years
volunteer in two pharmacies (both r different fields)

what about you?
did you finish interviewing? or u still waiting for the invitation to inteview?
I got email for interview on March 16. but I am going to reschedule it.
I have GPA 3.6, 3 years of Pharm tech experience, Volunteer work in hospital, some extracurricular activities, but very low on PCAT.
I hope interview goes well.
Can you share interview process, if you don't mind?

I got email for interview on March 16. but I am going to reschedule it.
I have GPA 3.6, 3 years of Pharm tech experience, Volunteer work in hospital, some extracurricular activities, but very low on PCAT.
I hope interview goes well.
Can you share interview process, if you don't mind?

i think this interview is the easiest i have ever had. but the longest tho. lol.... there will be a long period of waiting. so expect that.
expect many questions on situations, such as u r working on a project with ur team and your teammates don't do any work. so what would u do?
also, expect your interviewers not to know anything about you cuz they did not read your application or essay. so this is the time to brag about yourself. lollll

Members don't see this ad :)
Is any one knows that when is the last interview session for Chicago State university???

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!
I just received my interview invitation for March 26th. I am so excited!!
I have a GPA that is less than 3.0 and I was wondering if anyone was in a similar situation?
(I have 5 years Pharmacy experience and a lot of volunteer work in a hospital and other strong areas on my app)
How did the interview go, I only have one other interview that I have not attended yet so I have no idea what to expect. I'd appreciate any input!!
Thanks

I had a sub-3.0 pharmcas gpa also and was interviewed and accepted to CSU. I did have an increasing trend in my gpa over the last few years (screwed around a lot in my early college years so that has come back to haunt me) and did graduate from a "top ranked" university nationally so i dont know if that helped also. I wouldnt go into the interview worried about stats if you want my advice. Just try to go in and sell yourself to them through knowledge of the field and confidence in the way you communicate (not to be confused with arrogance). The interview process is long but use the time to get to know the other candidates, and all the admins that you see during the day. They seem to walk by quite a bit and may be watching to see how everyone interacts when not actually interviewing.
Im still not sure if ill be accepting my offer or choosing another school, but everyone seemed great there and the program seems to have a great foundation for continued growth. Good luck!

I had a sub-3.0 pharmcas gpa also and was interviewed and accepted to CSU. I did have an increasing trend in my gpa over the last few years (screwed around a lot in my early college years so that has come back to haunt me) and did graduate from a "top ranked" university nationally so i dont know if that helped also. I wouldnt go into the interview worried about stats if you want my advice. Just try to go in and sell yourself to them through knowledge of the field and confidence in the way you communicate (not to be confused with arrogance). The interview process is long but use the time to get to know the other candidates, and all the admins that you see during the day. They seem to walk by quite a bit and may be watching to see how everyone interacts when not actually interviewing.
Im still not sure if ill be accepting my offer or choosing another school, but everyone seemed great there and the program seems to have a great foundation for continued growth. Good luck!
Hi-
Thank you for that advice. I don't find myself arrogant in any way but I am just sooo sure I want to do this and that I belong in this program. I hope they see it that way. And quick question... when you say knowledge of the field do you mean how the pharmacy/Pharmacist operates or do you mean current pharmacy events such as news? I think I need to brush up on current events.. lol thanks again.

Hi-
Thank you for that advice. I don't find myself arrogant in any way but I am just sooo sure I want to do this and that I belong in this program. I hope they see it that way. And quick question... when you say knowledge of the field do you mean how the pharmacy/Pharmacist operates or do you mean current pharmacy events such as news? I think I need to brush up on current events.. lol thanks again.
Does anyone have any hotel suggestions for the interview?

Id brush up on both areas. Its not a group interview but they have been interviewing for a few months and also will interview others that day so you still want to come up with unique topics for answers to set yourself apart that day. The more you know the more knowledgeable and confident you'll sound in you answer. Don't worry too much though, its a very easy interview and I even joked around with my interviewers.

As for hotels, id recommend staying off miracle mile. I stayed at the red roof inn the weekend before when interviewing at Midwestern, and at a motel closer to CSU when interviewing there and the one in downtown chicago was way better. More to do and see and its right by the redline train that stops close to campus. Don't do cabs because they cost a ton.

Thanks again. You have been a lot of help. Good luck with your decisions! :)

I was wondering if there is an essay given to write during the interview?

Got an interview here on the 16th, hopefully itll be a good experience! :) if anyone is willing to share interview questions/experiences... it would be much appreciated! Thanks

Got an interview here on the 16th, hopefully itll be a good experience! :) if anyone is willing to share interview questions/experiences... it would be much appreciated! Thanks

interview feedback on SDN was spot on for me. A lot of hypothetical and previous experiences questions. tons of down time during the day so enjoy talking with the other candidates, you go over prereqs with admins at one point so try to strike up conversation with them instead of just answering questions like a robot (but remember that they have other people to get to so dont keep them from their job). make sure to keep eye contact when interviewing, and dont watch what they are writing while youre talking. its a very easy laidback interview so dont fret.

Members don't see this ad :)
interview feedback on SDN was spot on for me. A lot of hypothetical and previous experiences questions. tons of down time during the day so enjoy talking with the other candidates, you go over prereqs with admins at one point so try to strike up conversation with them instead of just answering questions like a robot (but remember that they have other people to get to so dont keep them from their job). make sure to keep eye contact when interviewing, and dont watch what they are writing while youre talking. its a very easy laidback interview so dont fret.

thanks so much for the info! when you say you go over prereqs with the admins at one point, what do you mean? they go down the prereqs you did and discuss your grades individually or as a group to every candidate they talk about pre-reqs ingeneral, and what do they talk about the pre-reqs? :)

ya theyll call each individual throughout the day into a room and go over what youve satisfied and if anything is missing you need to take/are in progress. just a check to make sure youre on the right path and probably to keep you busy while waiting to interview

Thanks for the info! :) another quick question to anyone who can answer, when they send you the interview email and tell us to email them back if we accept the invitiation, do they then respond with a confirmation or how do we know they received our email. lol because I responded back to the email saying I accept the invitation and did not get a response, I just wanted to know if thats normal or should I call to make sure they got it...

Thanks for the info! :) another quick question to anyone who can answer, when they send you the interview email and tell us to email them back if we accept the invitiation, do they then respond with a confirmation or how do we know they received our email. lol because I responded back to the email saying I accept the invitation and did not get a response, I just wanted to know if thats normal or should I call to make sure they got it...

ususally they give you a confirmation letter. i remember they sent me one. so u gotta email them back again, just in case.

ya they send a confirmation of the confirmation. id wait a day or 2 to let them get through all their stuff unless you are coming to the date you need to reply by. then id call to make sure you dont lose your spot.

just got my confirmation email! thanks for your responses

anyone from the CSU area or familiar with it know a hotel/motel near buy that is not to costly and you can actually park your car for free... I know in downtown chicago all hotels charge for parking cars... but maybe there is a suburban motel like motel 8 etc... that lets you park normally... any suggestions would be helpful... a hotel 5-20mins away would be fine

This is where I stayed, about 15 min to the school.

Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
9333 South Cicero Avenue Oak Lawn, Illinois
708-425-7800

Free internet and free parking

Once you have been accepted and chosen the school you will be attending please submit your name and school to the following link, It is an Official Roll Call Thread. Also add any other school(s) you were accepted to. Think this is a great thread, it gives everyone a chance to see who their future classmates might be.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

Do you guys know what is the tuition for instate without dorming, I looked on their website it says that their tuition for instate is $21,000 but that's including dorming which is $6000. So would tuition be $15,000 then for a commuter???

Do you guys know what is the tuition for instate without dorming, I looked on their website it says that their tuition for instate is $21,000 but that's including dorming which is $6000. So would tuition be $15,000 then for a commuter???

I am a P2 and our tuition this year was $21,000. We have been told that it would not be increasing this next year. I do not live on campus and commute...so I would double check your information. Pricing for living on campus is not included in the $21,000 amount...that is the flat rate for tuition for the year.

Illinois Resident:
Tuition and Fees
$24,172​
Room and Board
10,951​
Books and Supplies
2,400​
Transportation
900​
Miscellaneous Expense
TOTAL​
$41,423
Loan fees (if applying for Stafford and/or PLUS loans)
TOTAL with loan fees
$41,955

Hello Everyone.

Well I have an interview March 30 (PM) and im extremely nervous coming all the way from Texas. Anyone have an interview this day also?? Or can can anyone who has just come back from an interview give me pointers or something like that.

Have you heard from them since the interview?

i have just recieved an email from CSU. I had my interview on March 16th.They put me on hold.does anyone know what this means because i'm freaking out. What chances do i have?

I interviewed on Monday March 26th (am) and I received my acceptance email today!!! I could not be happier! :-D anyone who was there during that interview slot on here??

I was on that interview date and got my acceptance email as well yesterday!!!!!! I am not sure if we met but I am sure we did. Congrats!!!!

I was on that interview date and got my acceptance email as well yesterday!!!!!! I am not sure if we met but I am sure we did. Congrats!!!!

Congrats!!!!

Last edited:
Hey Everyone Currently Attending CSU or going to in the fall,

Where do you plan on living? I am so confused as to what city to live in and what areas are safe and what not, besides the fact that everything is so expensive. Any ideas?

Thanks

Two towns that are relatively close to CSU that are safe and decent include Oak Lawn and Oak Forest. Do you drive? If so you have more choices. If not then it is wise to find a place that is near or within walking distance of the red line train station. You can find out what apartment costs are by checking out craigslist.com for apts in the two towns I mentioned. A lot of the students who live off campus have roommates. You can communicate with Amalia Diaz (she coordinates many things at the COP that pertain to the students) and she will put your name on a list of people looking for roommates.

Yes I plan on having a car there. Thanks I will look into those towns. I'm sure a room mate would help with the payment. Thanks again.

Woooooooohooooooo...
Got accepted for 2016 class. So happy..
Any one has created Facebook page for 2016 class???

Congrats on everyone that was accepted for 2016. I too was also accepted. It hasnt hit me yet that Im moving to Chicago in the fall and that I will be in pharmacy school. Yay!!!

Anywho I was planning on starting the Facebook page. It doesnt look like anyone has started it yet so I guess I will do it. The name will be Chicago State University- COP Class of 2016. Tell everyone you know that has been accepted to join the group. :D

Hello guys. Like i said in my last post, Im trying to start the Facebook group but it wont let me because it says I have to add members in the group before I can create the group. Anywho for all those accepted can one of yall add me on Facebook. My name is OziDiva Nwaobia (I go to the University of North Texas). If you cant find me let me know and I will try to find you.

K. Thanks and congrats again.

Did anyone receive a confirmation or email that the college has received your $500 deposit and matriculation packet?

Did anyone receive a confirmation or email that the college has received your $500 deposit and matriculation packet?

Hey! I haven't heard anything. I sent my deposit in on Monday. I got delivery confirmation on it and it shows they received it so idk. Have you received any kind of Financial Aid information. I am hoping that they will send us a packet with registration info in it soon.

Hey! I haven't heard anything. I sent my deposit in on Monday. I got delivery confirmation on it and it shows they received it so idk. Have you received any kind of Financial Aid information. I am hoping that they will send us a packet with registration info in it soon.
I sent mine on monday too. I haven't heard anything yet. I did not receive anything about financial aid either. Hope they send something!

Hey guys,
I spoke to Amalia. She said we will get an email confirmation and she usually gives us a few days extra because of the mail. No worries. :)

Hey Guys. Ive finally created the Facebook group with the help of pharmdivat. Chicago State University- COP Class of 2016. Yay!!!