Child/Adolescent Psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JD11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thinking about becoming a child/adolescent psychiatrist. Any advice on this area of practice? What is the lifestyle like as compared with other residencies? Expected salary (based on new health care legislation, if this can be projected)? Would completing a pediatrics/child and adolescent psychiatry joint residency be beneficial?

Members don't see this ad.

Thinking about becoming a child/adolescent psychiatrist. Any advice on this area of practice? What is the lifestyle like as compared with other residencies? Expected salary (based on new health care legislation, if this can be projected)? Would completing a pediatrics/child and adolescent psychiatry joint residency be beneficial?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=364174

I am wondering about the training for child and adolescent psych as well. I understand there is a fast track option for having a 5 year psychiatry + C/A psych training program.

Besides the fast track option, are there any child and adolescent psychiatry programs in the country that are only ONE year instead of two?

I am wondering about the training for child and adolescent psych as well. I understand there is a fast track option for having a 5 year psychiatry + C/A psych training program.

Besides the fast track option, are there any child and adolescent psychiatry programs in the country that are only ONE year instead of two?

No. The 2 years is ACGME-mandated.