Child Care Volunteer for Hospice Office Staff (Due to COVID) - Nonclinical?

Jul 29, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm going to start volunteering to provide some child care for a hospice office staff, since it's difficult to find affordable day care during the pandemic. Is this something I can count under nonclinical volunteering, along with other activities like food bank? I'd still do it even if it doesn't count, since the staff looks like they need genuine help, but I was wondering if it's a "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" situation.

I'm a dude, if that matters.

About the Ads

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Status
  1. Attending Physician
I'm going to start volunteering to provide some child care for a hospice office staff, since it's difficult to find affordable day care during the pandemic. Is this something I can count under nonclinical volunteering, along with other activities like food bank? I'd still do it even if it doesn't count, since the staff looks like they need genuine help, but I was wondering if it's a "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" situation.
You are providing a needed service. You are not getting paid. It's definitely volunteering!
I agree this is nonclinical volunteering if you get no pay. What is the second bird?

Jul 29, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Just one bird: non-clinical volunteering. The kids' parents' profession doesn't make this clinical volunteering. ;)

Oh yeah I just meant 2 birds as in I wanted to do this activity anyway, so getting some non clinical hours from it was the “2nd bird”

Reactions: 2 users

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads