Child Family Health International

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happy5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has any one had any experience with Child Family Health International for an international rotation (or known any one who has)??

Members don't see this ad.

Two girls from my med school class did programs with them (in Ecuador and in Mexico) between MS1 and MS2. They both said that the programs are extremely well run and that the home stays and spanish classes were great. The only downside is that it's pretty expensive, and any travel, etc., you want to do that's not part of the package is extra $$. But both really loved it and seemed to have had a really good experience.

happy5, which program were you thinking of doing? I'm about to apply for the Rural Himalayan Rotation in India. I spoke with someone who had done this rotation and she thought it was excellent. The only problem is the price, but I think it will be worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks

i was planing on some thing in latin america. its cheper to get there and i need the spanish training.

there are so many companies out there that its hard to know who is reputable, so if any one else has any experience with an international elective with spanish laungage training due tell.

happy5 said:
thanks

i was planing on some thing in latin america. its cheper to get there and i need the spanish training.

there are so many companies out there that its hard to know who is reputable, so if any one else has any experience with an international elective with spanish laungage training due tell.

I went to Puerto Escondido Mexico with them. I would not reccomend it. Extremeley disorganized. The local coordinator does not care one bit about the participants. You have to do everything yourself.

That said, I've heard good things about the program in Oaxaco, Mex. It all depends on the local rep.

I'm a pre-med student, and I did the Puyo, Ecuador program with them in July and I LOVED it! It was one of the most awesome experiences ever...PM me with specific questions if you want...