• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Child Neurology Residency

SarahE

15+ Year Member
May 26, 2003
    Hi -

I'm a third year student hoping to do pediatrics and child neurology. I know that most peds neuro programs accept applications from students for PGY-3 but then you have to find a peds position for the first two years. I'm concerned about whether I'll be able to find a peds program to take me knowing that I'll just be doing the first two years. Any idea how people usually work this out?

Thanks for your help!

Raynbow

15+ Year Member
    Jun 11, 2003
    TN
      Sarah,
      I don't know if your willing to move or not, but Johnson City, TN is lacking in the Child Neurology dept.!! We have 2 child neuros and they are in Knoxville.....A good drive for everyone on this side of it : southeast Va included!.....There is now a waiting of 2 months to be able to see these doctors because they are so booked!....You should think about moving to Johnson City, TN and starting your career...This is where East Tennessee State University is located and there are about 5 hospitals in a 45min radius....There is a group of neuros in johnson city, but not specializing in children....They had one once named Jarlath Mitchell, but he moved back home to Ireland....Anyway, I know I'm rambling, but we are desperate need here....Think about it...
      Good Luck!
      Desiree'- mommy of 2 who need a closer neurologist

About the Ads
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.