Child psych fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Solideliquid

Members Only
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There seem to be two ways of doing the child psych fellowship.

1. Complete a 4 year general adult residency, followed by 2 years of child fellowship.

2. Enter a child fellowship at your 4th year of general adult, effectively leaving your general psych residency a year early.

Concerning option 2, are there any drawbacks to this option? Will you still be able to be board certified and practice in Gen. Adult psych? Or will you be limited to board certification only in child psychiatry?

Members don't see this ad.

Solideliquid said:
There seem to be two ways of doing the child psych fellowship.

1. Complete a 4 year general adult residency, followed by 2 years of child fellowship.

2. Enter a child fellowship at your 4th year of general adult, effectively leaving your general psych residency a year early.

Concerning option 2, are there any drawbacks to this option? Will you still be able to be board certified and practice in Gen. Adult psych? Or will you be limited to board certification only in child psychiatry?

No
Yes
No

Enjoy...

Members don't see this ad :)
PublicHealth said:
Just like a "one trick pony!"

He’s a one trick pony
One trick is all that horse can do
He does one trick only
It’s the principal source of his revenue
And when he steps into the spotlight
You can feel the heat of his heart
Come rising through

See how he dances
See how he loops from side to side
See how he prances
The way his hooves just seem to glide
He’s just a one trick pony (that’s all he is) :laugh:

Anyone know anything about the child psych programs in Chicago? Call schedules, happiness of the residents, any other juicy tidbits?

Is the call schedule at Northwestern as hard as I have heard it is?

Also, I heard that the U of Chicago program dissolved. Anyone know what happened? Thanks!

Michael Spiker said:
Anyone know anything about the child psych programs in Chicago? Call schedules, happiness of the residents, any other juicy tidbits?

Is the call schedule at Northwestern as hard as I have heard it is?

Also, I heard that the U of Chicago program dissolved. Anyone know what happened? Thanks!

I believe that a fair portion of the child psychiatry division from UChicago up and moved to the University of Illinois-Chicago.