Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

chill out

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by zama, Nov 15, 2002.

1. zama

zama Member
    7+ Year Member

I realize that many of you don't have any acceptances or interviews. My advice to you is to chill out (especially tweetie and lola). I have been accepted to three schools (one top 30), and you might think I don't know what it feels like, but believe me I do. So, sit back and just wait. If you obssess anymore, you are going to drive yourself crazy. Waiting is a big part of practicing medicine. Think of this process as your first test of being a doctor.:cool: :cool: If you have a high committment, you will without a doubt, definitely get in. So, just wait.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

while your post is well intentioned, and you may well not be through all the stress of hearing from schools, I suspect it is still a LOT harder on those who have not even had an interview offer than someone who has three acceptances already!! Yes, we're all pre-meds and we all undoubtedly need to chill out...but I'm not sure how helpful posting it is...sorry :p

4. yeah zama

stop being a crackwhore- waiting sucks.

5. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

shut up you douchebag doctor :laugh:

:cool: dude, i'm chillin. :cool:

6. zama

zama Member
    7+ Year Member

On re-reading my post. I can see how one can misconstrue it. Sorry about that. I just wanted to tell people to wait and see, and not to put themselves down if they are getting many rejections. One will surely come.

7. cabruen

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Zama --

I don't know if you are trying to be helpful or purposefuly cruel, but waiting does suck. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't think such statements contribute an ounce of easiness to those forced to sweat it out.

Remember, those who have multiple acceptances (which I became today), are preventing people from being admitted into medical school. You have three acceptances, and are keeping TWO other people out. It is our responsibility to give up those acceptances that we know we will not use, so that others are not force to wait as long. That is how we can truly help each other out.

8. gipper

gipper Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i agree...give up your slots...let us in!:clap:

9. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

ya I'm chillin too.
    :rolleyes:

10. SouthernGirl

SouthernGirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does this remind anyone else of mightymouseal's post about getting in ED :)p) to Yale? :rolleyes:

11. okay i am pretty sure this guy has good intentions, maybe he didnt bring it out in the right way, but in summary all he is saying is Good luck people!

12. AegisZero

AegisZero Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah. I havent heard from mightymouseal or longhorn recently, but at least this guy seems more well-intentioned.