chill out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zama

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize that many of you don't have any acceptances or interviews. My advice to you is to chill out (especially tweetie and lola). I have been accepted to three schools (one top 30), and you might think I don't know what it feels like, but believe me I do. So, sit back and just wait. If you obssess anymore, you are going to drive yourself crazy. Waiting is a big part of practicing medicine. Think of this process as your first test of being a doctor.:cool: :cool: If you have a high committment, you will without a doubt, definitely get in. So, just wait.

Members don't see this ad.

while your post is well intentioned, and you may well not be through all the stress of hearing from schools, I suspect it is still a LOT harder on those who have not even had an interview offer than someone who has three acceptances already!! Yes, we're all pre-meds and we all undoubtedly need to chill out...but I'm not sure how helpful posting it is...sorry :p

Members don't see this ad :)
shut up you douchebag doctor :laugh:

:cool: dude, i'm chillin. :cool:

On re-reading my post. I can see how one can misconstrue it. Sorry about that. I just wanted to tell people to wait and see, and not to put themselves down if they are getting many rejections. One will surely come.

Zama --

I don't know if you are trying to be helpful or purposefuly cruel, but waiting does suck. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't think such statements contribute an ounce of easiness to those forced to sweat it out.

Remember, those who have multiple acceptances (which I became today), are preventing people from being admitted into medical school. You have three acceptances, and are keeping TWO other people out. It is our responsibility to give up those acceptances that we know we will not use, so that others are not force to wait as long. That is how we can truly help each other out.

i agree...give up your slots...let us in!:clap:

Does this remind anyone else of mightymouseal's post about getting in ED :)p) to Yale? :rolleyes:

okay i am pretty sure this guy has good intentions, maybe he didnt bring it out in the right way, but in summary all he is saying is Good luck people!

Originally posted by SouthernGirl
Does this remind anyone else of mightymouseal's post about getting in ED :)p) to Yale? :rolleyes:

Yeah. I havent heard from mightymouseal or longhorn recently, but at least this guy seems more well-intentioned.