Chill Sub-I at St John Providence Health System in Warren, MI?

Dec 8, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I need an easy Sub-I (Neurology, GI, IM, Hematology, or Emergency Medicine) at St. John Providence from August 18-Sept 12, 2014. I'm looking for easy hours so I can get time off to visit nearby audition sites. Which of the 5 Sub-I above should I apply for? Also, my school doesn't have an affiliation with St. John Providence so if you're familiar with the process, let me know too. Thanks!

DrWBD

Formerly 'wanna_be_do'
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
May 2, 1999
Long Island, NY USA
Status
Attending Physician
I thought Sub-internships were only supposed to be in Medicine, Peds, or Surgery, and everything else was called an elective.
Also, a sub-internship isn't supposed to be 'easy'.

OP
W
Dec 8, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I thought Sub-internships were only supposed to be in Medicine, Peds, or Surgery, and everything else was called an elective.
Also, a sub-internship isn't supposed to be 'easy'.
My school approved those as Sub-internships.

DrWBD

Formerly 'wanna_be_do'
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
May 2, 1999
Long Island, NY USA
Status
Attending Physician
OP
W
Dec 8, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I need an easy 4th year Sub-I (Neurology, GI, IM, Hematology, or Emergency Medicine) at St. John Providence from August 18-Sept 12, 2014. I'm looking for easy hours so I can get time off to visit nearby audition sites. Which of the 5 Sub-I above should I apply for? Also, my school doesn't have an affiliation with St. John Providence so if you're familiar with the process, let me know too. Thanks!

Oct 9, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The thing is, a sub-I is supposed to be you acting in the role of an intern. It isn't supposed to be like an easy elective. And I still don't get this "visiting nearby audition sites" line.