1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

CHM II, help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Crookshanks, May 8, 2007.

1. Crookshanks

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi all,

Question: What is the most important stuff to memorize/know from CHM I for CHM II?

(I ask b/c I took them both w/ 2 different professors, and I was dieing in CHM II b/c that professor expected us to know (by memory) stuff that I had never seen in CHM I, or that I barely remembered. I had to drop it. I'm going to try again with the professor whom I took CHM I with, and hopefully this way I can pass. But for knowledge's sake, what should I look at before starting CHM II, since I took CHM I back in Fall 2005.)

Thanks,
    Julie

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. almo88

almo88 double frick
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    In my Chem II class, the main subjects were:

pH, acid/base titrations, oxidation/reduction reactions, and thermodynamics.

Hope this helps!

4. Crookshanks

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks, anything helps.

5. RPedigo

Physician Faculty Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    Check the professor's syllabus for Chem II and see what subject he's covering. Read the chapters now, and get familiar with the material perhaps?

6. Crookshanks

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks, I'm doing that. But what I'm really asking for is if any of you are aware of anything that needs to be MEMORIZED (such as an strong/weak acid/bases for example) for CHM II....or the trends? Cause when I took CHM II that guy expected us to know it all by memory, and I just didn't! So, do all CHM II teachers expect that? And if so, what are those things that need to be memorized?

7. DoctorPardi

DoctorPardi In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Do a google search chemical periodocity. Or periodical trends, either should net you the results you're looking for.