Choice of dental schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amyfubu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i am choosing the dental schools to apply right now. but i dont know which one to apply for.
my preference of school would be in a big city ( no rural please ) or close to big city that i can easily have some fun outside of school, nice enviorment, big school, nice facility, and friendly area.

can you guys throw some suggestions what would those schools be?

thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

amyfubu said:
hi, i am choosing the dental schools to apply right now. but i dont know which one to apply for.
my preference of school would be in a big city ( no rural please ) or close to big city that i can easily have some fun outside of school, nice enviorment, big school, nice facility, and friendly area.

thank you!!

NYU dental school is in a real hip spot in the city.

Columbia, dunno bout the specific area, but it is NYC!

Thats about all I can think of. Honestly, I'm ignorant of the south and west so maybe someone else can enlighten you there.

you can always take the subway to the hip spots in NYC if you attend Columbia. As far as the choice of school, you can always start with the schools that are closer to you and then you can expand your choices based on what general region of the country you would prefer.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA, UCSF, UoP

amyfubu said:

thank you!!

woudn't be a smart choice if you qualified for in-state tuition despite its suburban settings...

You should go to the AADSAS link of dental schools, they've organized the schools by state. Then go by the urban area of your choice. I wonder how you'll choose if you haven't actually set foot in the place. Some of these schools are in great locations.

reapply2007 said:
You should go to the AADSAS link of dental schools, they've organized the schools by state. Then go by the urban area of your choice. I wonder how you'll choose if you haven't actually set foot in the place. Some of these schools are in great locations.

ya, that's the thing, i dont even know how the place is like...i need a tour guide book

amyfubu said:
ya, that's the thing, i dont even know how the place is like...i need a tour guide book

Maybe if you came up with a list of schools you're interested in, people could tell you more about the city/environment. There are a lot of schools out there, the majority of them in cities since there tends to be a larger patient pool when there are actually people around.

amyfubu said:

thank you!!

How's Philly for a big city:
Penn - not too bad area
Temple - altho in one of the worst areas of the city

Boston's a great place:
Boston University
Tufts