Choose what SMP I should attend in the Fall!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slueman33

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which of these SMP's that I applied to as backup plans (and have been admitted to) would be the best for successful dental matriculation?
  1. UIC Medical Physiology SMP - Medical Focused (1 yr SMP, 20k, College of Medicine, last year's cohort had 100% matriculation into med school, 95%, 98% for previous years respectively, no guarantees/linkages)
  2. Barry University SMP - Dental Focused (1.5 yr SMP, 30k, College of Health and Nursing, undisclosed matriculation statistics, no guarantees/linkages)
  3. Rutgers University SMP - Dental Scholars (1 yr SMP, 40k, College of Dentistry, 80% matriculate, guaranteed interview for Rutgers Dental, no guaranteed linkages)
If anyone has any input on what the best choice would be, please let me know.
These are backup plans, so there is hope I get into dental school this cycle. For UIC, even though its medical student-focused, my top dental school choice is UIC, and they have no dentistry-focused SMP.

Please see my post history on WAMC if you are curious about my stats.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Im only familiar with Barry since a good friend of mine went to their masters and she just graduated from UIC dental, but even if the UIC SMP isnt dental specific, its still from a great school and can only help!

highly recommend nova MBS program with the allopathic division. They do have few classes with dental students like pathology histology and neuroanatomy.