choosing a good medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raiden

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that the school in northern california recently disciplined one of it's instructor for unprofessional behavior and harrassment, but still keeps him/her on staff. How can students avoid making a bad decision when schools don't fully disclose things like this?

When a school offers so many things to prospective students, is it really too good to be true? What have been other people's experiences? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, I just heard from my friends that half of their class is failing anatomy and/or neuro. What's going on? Is this normal?

Specifically, which school are we speaking of...TUCOM?

Careofme

Members don't see this ad :)
Raiden, are you talking about TUCOM? Where are you getting all of this information? I hope you have some good facts which validate your bad mouthing of the "school in nothern california." Right now I think you're just bogus and full of BS!

Raiden posted April 30, 2002 12:42 PM •••quote:•••I heard that the school in northern california recently disciplined one of it's instructor for unprofessional behavior and harrassment, but still keeps him/her on staff. How can students avoid making a bad decision when schools don't fully disclose things like this? ••••You cannot expect a school to fully disclose everything. It may think the problem had been solved, or it may think the problem may not affect you to need any disclosure. I think one of the benefit of SDN is to provide you with those information, so that you can determine its validity and how it affects your decision as which is the best med school for you.

Raiden posted April 30, 2002 01:03 PM •••quote:••• Wow, I just heard from my friends that half of their class is failing anatomy and/or neuro. What's going on? Is this normal? ••••Half of their class HA!! WOW, That's a very big percentage. Among those that failed, are they of the same sex??? Excuse my evil mind, I was only joking. Seriously, if what you heard is true, I would not advise anyone to attend that school until the problem is completely solved once and for all.

Bukowski posted April 30, 2002 01:35 PM •••quote:•••
Raiden, are you talking about TUCOM? Where are you getting all of this information? ••••I do not expect Raiden to reveal the source of information, in fear that it may cause harm to the source. What I like to see is for Raiden to come forward and reveal his/her identity and any involvement with that school. That way we can determine his/her credibility. The other way we can verify the instructor's unprofessional behavior and harrassment is to contact the "suspected" school for confirmation or denial. This is really a serious matter.

GoForIt -

I second your motion! :)

Careofme