choosing interview date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SharpieMarker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all,

i have a question about interviews. i just got an interview from a school that i would be excited about attending, and i have to choose an interview date. so far, it is my only interview.

is it better to try to delay the interview a little, in the hope that some other, less-important-to-me-school offers an interview, so i have a chance to practice? or is it better to interview as early as possible, for the first come first serve advantage?

would love a quick response if possible.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hello all,

i have a question about interviews. i just got an interview from a school that i would be excited about attending, and i have to choose an interview date. so far, it is my only interview.

is it better to try to delay the interview a little, in the hope that some other, less-important-to-me-school offers an interview, so i have a chance to practice? or is it better to interview as early as possible, for the first come first serve advantage?

would love a quick response if possible.

thanks!

In general, if the school is rolling, earlier is better. The longer you wait, the fewer spots you will be competing for.

Yea, I agree that its better to get the interview as soon as possible for rolling schools. If you're afraid about being ready for the interview, SDN has plenty of interview threads. Also, check if your school has a Career Development Center or something of that nature. I am going to schedule a "mock interview" with them before my actual interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd rather have an acceptance to a school I don't care too much about than no acceptances to any school. Treat it like it's your top choice.

Definitely interview as early as you can. The people at the school realize that you are likely having your first interview and so they will understand if you are nervous. It's also nice to have one out of the way before your semester gets busier.

Congrats!!!!!!
Definetly don't put off the interview bc this application cycle, the earlier u interview, the better ur chances are! :)
And if u don't mind answering, what state is that med school in?