Choosing Medical Schools on AMCAS - 2 quick questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

accept08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm sure that this must have been discussed time and again, but I am in a hurry and don't have time to look. If someone wouldn't mind helping me out, I would really appreciate it!

I am leaving for a (well-deserved) 9-day vacation this Saturday and intend to submit my AMCAS this Friday (7/11). I am a re-applicant. I definitely want to spend a good deal of time, without rushing, choosing the schools to which I want to apply this cycle. But here are my questions:

1) If I know of a few schools I am definitely applying to, can I just select these few schools and then submit my AMCAS ASAP to at least get the verification process started?

2) If the answer to the above question is YES, will adding more schools post-submission, but pre-verification (i.e., shortly after I get back from my vacation), cause a delay in my verification, or will my AMCAS still be reviewed with the other AMCAS submissions sent in with my initial submission on 7/11?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I'm sure that this must have been discussed time and again, but I am in a hurry and don't have time to look. If someone wouldn't mind helping me out, I would really appreciate it!

I am leaving for a (well-deserved) 9-day vacation this Saturday and intend to submit my AMCAS this Friday (7/11). I am a re-applicant. I definitely want to spend a good deal of time, without rushing, choosing the schools to which I want to apply this cycle. But here are my questions:

1) If I know of a few schools I am definitely applying to, can I just select these few schools and then submit my AMCAS ASAP to at least get the verification process started?

2) If the answer to the above question is YES, will adding more schools post-submission, but pre-verification (i.e., shortly after I get back from my vacation), cause a delay in my verification, or will my AMCAS still be reviewed with the other AMCAS submissions sent in with my initial submission on 7/11?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

1) yes
2)it will cause no delay

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much....can I get a confirmation on this from anybody? haha :love:
Trust me, I'm in your same boat and have searched/asked about this obsessively as well. You should be fine.

I called AMCAS and asked. As soon as you show them the money, those new schools will get added, pre-verification or post. I only added my state schools initially until I get my MCAT scores back. Enjoy your vacation! :)