ixitixl

Step 1 studysaurus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2003
Chicago, IL
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
A dean of admissions told me once that I should NOT choose a medical school based on how much it cost. Ideally, I can see how this is true. But in reality, how true is this? How many people out there really don't consider money when it comes to choosing a school? How many people make a decision based on the cost and regret it later because they end up at a school that they really don't want to be at?

vizzini

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2003
Fayetteville, Tulsa
Status (Visible)
they probably meant that there is always a way to get med school paid for (at least short term) with loans, gov't funds, etc. and when you pay it back, youre getting pretty wealthy.

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
the beach
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by ixitixl
A dean of admissions told me once that I should NOT choose a medical school based on how much it cost.

It was probably the dean of an expensive med school that doesn't give much financial aid (which is most).

You gotta do what's right for you and give finances the weight you think it deserves. There's nothing better we can say than that. In fact, you may go somewhere that's cheaper and end up liking it there more than you would have at the other place. Then again, how would you ever know...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.