tennis1234

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
i have a question about what happens after you click the choose not to score MCAT button

when's the next time you can retake the MCAT???
- i'd rather spend $1000 on 4 "real experience MCATs" canceling at end everytime than spend $2000 on a Kaplan/TPR course. I think the real experience is better than some lecturing...BUT am I allow to take 5 MCATs in one year (the 5th one being the real deal, or maybe fewer if I think I did really well on one)?

THANKS, also
- do you agree with my logic?? :)
- do you feel doing this would take all the stress out of the MCAT??

bigballer27

That's what she said
Nov 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
i think schools can still see that you voided? and i think the max is 3 per year and then you need permission

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i think schools can still see that you voided? and i think the max is 3 per year and then you need permission
Schools do not know you voided unless you tell them yourself. When you void a test, it's basically like you were never there. Minus the money naturally.

DrSmooth

Secret Recipe Soda
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
Status
Medical Student
3 max per year. I think you would get all you can get out of taking and voiding once. No point in doing it repeatedly, especially since you get no feedback from the test the way you do with AAMC practices. And you can take it again on the next test date, assuming you can find a seat, which you might have to drive a ways for.

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Classyville
Status
Resident [Any Field]
thanks, that's what i was looking for. too bad you can't see your results :( It would be nice if AAMC showed what you would've gotten had you kept your score.
Ya know you could do these things called AAMC practice tests that are much cheaper. :idea:

DrSmooth

Secret Recipe Soda
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Ya know you could do these things called AAMC practice tests that are much cheaper. :idea:
Everyone should do all AAMC practices, but the problem with them is they are out-of-date and not fully representative of today's MCAT. If you have the time and money taking and voiding 1 test allows you to experience today's MCAT, which can only help you in your prep for the real thing.