1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Choosing the best undergrad school

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Sapereamor, Dec 6, 1999.

1. Sapereamor

Sapereamor New Member

I have a question regarding medical school admissions preferences.

I am currently in my freshman year at a community college as a chemistry major. I have the choice of either spending three years at the community college and then transfering to the University of California Berkeley, which will involve a daily commute of four hours. Or I can spend three years at the community college and then transfer to the University of California Davis, which involves no commute. Both in general and for my major, Berkeley is a higher ranking school. My question is how much graduating from Berkeley rather then Davis will improve my appeal to medical schools.

I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can offer on this. Obviously Davis has a higher appeal in some areas for me, but I want to make the best decision.

Much thanks to all.

------------------
    Alice

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tonem

tonem Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

You will get an excellent education at any of the UC's. People I know that went to Davis rave about it. Your grades will probably be better if you are not stressed out about getting to school. I think your grades are more important than where you went anyway, especially in this case because Davis is a very good school. Another advantage is that Davis has a medical school - so you have a ready resource when you have questions (you'll find that most medical students are more than willing to answer any questions you might have)

Good luck.