Christian Bible Quotes for Pre-med Inspiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was going on immediate context...I don't have the mental fortitude to delve into the post history of everyone I talk to on here. :shrug:

Since we are on a religious thread you are forgiven
images.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
2006? Really. Holy crap! The new post section got me again. When will I learn?

Although the bumper is not necessarily wrong for desiring a thread for inspirational words, they'd just get the same flack as the older thread though. So if you can tolerate that then, so be it..

"The women are to keep silent in assemblies; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to submit themselves, just as the Law also says.
If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34)

Bible passages always inspire something in me!
!

Haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
it had nothing to do with their posts "enthusing about their religion," it was about them being a dick to people because of their religion.
Sure, fine...I never even disagreed with you, it was only intended to be a small reminder that people tend to get in to bigger trouble quicker for stupider things in threads like this. It was not intended to be a big deal or start any discussion whatsoever. Sorry to rock your boat.

"Do you see someone who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for them."--Proverbs 29:20

Proverbs 31:6
As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.

Me not looking out for ancient thread bumps. :p

I do look at expiration dates though.

"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."
-John 8:7

eat your caketh before thee man of men eateth for you.

@PREDOCSIMP Same person to call me a bigot for saying he shouldn't equate a persons identity of being homosexual to a simple preference.. Not much tact there

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Leave that post in another thread. Personal attacks are not advisable.

Last edited:
I was going on immediate context...I don't have the mental fortitude to delve into the post history of everyone I talk to on here. :shrug:

The post history has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Please STOP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

Ezekiel 23 : 19-20

Ezekiel is a fun book guise

Right...I didn't read your post history, have no intention of doing so, and the only thing I have said about you was that you were tactful in this thread. I'm not sure what you're asking me to STOP?

OK, I'll play. My two favorite quotes, quite appropriate for scientists:

Psalm 19; The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Job 12:8: Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee:

It's funny seeing all the Christians try and play off the OT because it has so much bogus stuff in it. It's like they don't understand that the NT is even worse. Sure, God flooded the earth with water in genesis but he's going to do it again per revelations, just with blood this time around. There's some dark, archaic nonsense strewn throughout these books, especially the eschatological parts.

It's funny seeing all the Christians try and play off the OT because it has so much bogus stuff in it. It's like they don't understand that the NT is even worse. Sure, God flooded the earth with water in genesis but he's going to do it again per revelations, just with blood this time around. There's some dark, archaic nonsense strewn throughout these books, especially the eschatological parts.

Yea, I don't think, even originally, this was about creating an open debate re: what anyone believes about God or Scripture.

Let a few go sometimes. This a major necro-bump thread anyway.
And just b/c a person thinks s/he understands Scripture or someone's beliefs, doesn't not make it necessarily so. So out and out attacking like this is unfair.

OTOH if anyone is going to post even perhaps a well-intentioned thread like this, or resurrect it after like 9 years or so, people have to be ready for the negative people that can hardly wait to pile on. ****Late entry: OH I stand corrected. It's > 11 years old--> 2004 not 06. This just gets better and better. Does SDN have threads accessible from ancient Egypt? LOL

Yea, J, again. Let a few go once in a while.

Last edited:
Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man she must be quiet.
so sweet

Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

Ezekiel 23 : 19-20

Ezekiel is a fun book guise

you're taking things out of context to attack a religion that you don't understand

you're taking things out of context to attack a religion that you don't understand
They made no attacks, they just posted a quote that inspires something in them.

Reactions: 4 users
They made no attacks, they just posted a quote that inspires something in them.

I think you are more than capable of understanding implications and sarcasm, all the while having the ability to make inferences without having the underlying tone of a person's messages spelled out letter by letter for you.

I think you are more than capable of understanding implications and sarcasm, all the while having the ability to make inferences without having the underlying tone of a person's messages spelled out letter by letter for you.
Do you feel that christians are being attacked based on these quotes? lol

Last edited:
This post is unprofessional.
This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Leave that post in another thread. Personal attacks are not advisable.
Please stop. This is not professional.

I know you're a troll overplaying the professionalism card here, but i'll give the benefit of doubt and present the following questions.

1. Are you being compelled to read this thread?

2. Are you being compelled to denounce every post you don't appreciate as unprofessional?

3. Are you physically unable to use the multiquote option? Or do you just want to increase your post count?

These are serious questions that can provide some information on any hidden problems you may be suffering. Answering affirmatively to any or all these three questions is serious and you should log out of SDN immediately and/or request medical help. But do keep in mind that SDN is NOT for medical advice.

Take care and I wish you the best.

As far as the main thread goes, it is optimistic back a decade ago but now it just delved into criticism and controversy. Kinda sad since some of those proverbs were really helpful for everyone, even if not practicing Christians.

He's just pointing out some truth, smart guy! @hoihaie
if someone gets offended by that, maybe just maybe they should actually read the scriptures.

Still not an attack.

I'm impressed by your skill to infer that the poster does not understand Christianity.

I'm impressed by your skill to infer that the poster does not understand Christianity.
I think it's possible to make a distinction between a person's faith and the literal interpretation of an ancient text. The vast majority of Christians I've met, which includes people from the South, do not take everything in the Bible literally, yet they're still very adamant about their faith. :shrug:

I think it's possible to make a distinction between a person's faith and the literal interpretation of an ancient text. The vast majority of Christians I've met, which includes people from the South, do not take everything in the Bible literally, yet they're still very adamant about their faith. :shrug:
I understand that very well, I was raised Catholic ;). There was still nothing in the post by @J Senpai that indicated that he didn't understand Christianity.

Yea, I don't think, even originally, this was about creating an open debate re: what anyone believes about God or Scripture.

Let a few go sometimes. This a major necro-bump thread anyway.
And just b/c a person thinks s/he understands Scripture or someone's beliefs, doesn't not make it necessarily so. So out and out attacking like this is unfair.

OTOH if anyone is going to post even perhaps a well-intentioned thread like this, or resurrect it after like 9 years or so, people have to be ready for the negative people that can hardly wait to pile on. ****Late entry: OH I stand corrected. It's > 11 years old--> 2004 not 06. This just gets better and better. Does SDN have threads accessible from ancient Egypt? LOL

Yea, J, again. Let a few go once in a while.
@hoihaie Hm, pointing out the nasty things in an archaic holy book constitutes an attack? How?

Don't tell me that I took the end of the world prophecies or the donkey pernuses out of "context".

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that very well, I was raised Catholic ;). There was still nothing in the post by @J Senpai that indicated that he didn't understand Christianity.
I understand quite well. I was a believer for 21 years and my brother is a biblical scholar with whom I regularly discuss scripture. Saying that someone's religion is full of scary nonsense juxtaposed with the happy clappy Jesus verses is not an attack nor is it born of ignorance. It's a different perspective.

I understand quite well. I was a believer for 21 years and my brother is a biblical scholar with whom I regularly discuss scripture. Saying that someone's religion is full of scary nonsense juxtaposed with the happy clappy Jesus verses is not an attack nor is it born of ignorance. It's a different perspective.
I agree that the text contains scariness juxtaposed with a "benevolent Jesus." I was just trying to point out that plenty of people who call themselves Christians ignore the stuff about floods, misogyny, winged-beasts etc, and just focus on being good people while believing in Jesus. :shrug: Or maybe we're talking about different things...

I agree that the text contains scariness juxtaposed with a "benevolent Jesus." I was just trying to point out that plenty of people who call themselves Christians ignore the stuff about floods, misogyny, winged-beasts etc, and just focus on being good people while believing in Jesus. :shrug: Or maybe we're talking about different things...
The question as to whether or not that's intellectually honest comes into question, but almost all Christians and other religious people I know fall into that category.

The question as to whether or not that's intellectually honest comes into question, but almost all Christians and other religious people I know fall into that category.
In NYC, plenty of Christians are pro-choice, pro-women, pro-gay rights, etc. Whether or not you think it's intellectually honest isn't relevant to their personal faith or how they choose to label themselves imo.

However, as a former Catholic, I totally see why you're perturbed by certain elements of scripture...

Reactions: 3 users
How I see it is if you want to openly profess your faith, then be welcomed to be openly critiqued about it .. I am a devote catholic but I believe this is a personal relationship between my God and community .. Dont see the need to be posting it on the internet but that's just my personal view and no way saying what the posters are doing are wrong

Reactions: 2 users
How I see it is if you want to openly profess your faith, then be welcomed to be openly critiqued about it .. I am a devote catholic but I believe this is a personal relationship between my God and community .. Dont see the need to be posting it on the internet but that's just my personal view and no way saying what the posters are doing are wrong
Exactly. This is a public forum, and if you post a topic, it is an invitation for that subject to be discussed by the forum community...even those who disagree with you.

OK, I'll play. My two favorite quotes, quite appropriate for scientists:

Psalm 19; The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Job 12:8: Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee:

I always enjoy the little science tidbits in there. I feel like most of the conflict between science and religion is a matter of how a scripture is interpreted.

I always enjoy the little science tidbits in there. I feel like most of the conflict between science and religion is a matter of how a scripture is interpreted.
A large portion of the book was written before the advent of science or the scientific method. I don't see how the bible speaks to science.

The quote from Job is written on the entrance to the Hall of the Earth in the American Museum of Natural History (only the world's best museum!)

Look up the concept of Spinoza's God.

Then, for kicks, look up images of the known Universe, especially those of the cosmic web. It reminds me of a neural net, and the very first time I saw a pic of it, this agnostic thought "That's the mind of God"!

That's as much theology as Goro wants to or can get into.

A large portion of the book was written before the advent of science or the scientific method. I don't see how the bible speaks to science.

The quote from Job is written on the entrance to the Hall of the Earth in the American Museum of Natural History (only the world's best museum!)

Look up the concept of Spinoza's God.

Then, for kicks, look up images of the known Universe, especially those of the cosmic web. It reminds me of a neural net, and the very first time I saw a pic of it, this agnostic thought "That's the mind of God"!

That's as much theology as Goro wants to or can get into.
Ironically, Job is perhaps the oldest book in the bible.

That picture is incredible! I saw it first on an episode of "The Universe", I believe. For me, the idea that a mind created it would take away from the raw, primordial power that such an image has.

My notion is that it IS a mind!
:bookworm:

Ironically, Job is perhaps the oldest book in the bible.

That picture is incredible! I saw it first on an episode of "The Universe", I believe. For me, the idea that a mind created it would take away from the raw, primordial power that such an image has.

John 15:13

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

One of my favorite verses of all time.

Reactions: 3 users
This is always been one of my personal favorites -

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Reactions: 2 users
2 Corinthians 4:8-9

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.”

Appropriate for pre-meds.

Reactions: 5 users