christian only med schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bceagles2012

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else feel like they NEED to go to a christian only med school? does loma linda or any other schools only accept our fellow christian brothers and sisters? why would anyone want diversity if they can interact with people of their own faith?

Members don't see this ad.

anyone else feel like they NEED to go to a christian only med school? does loma linda or any other schools only accept our fellow christian brothers and sisters? why would anyone want diversity if they can interact with people of their own faith?

Supreme trolling.

Members don't see this ad :)
come on man. christ.

7f84e244-97f4-42c2-bcf3-c0425d3c0d8a.jpg

In the OP's defense, he could totally be sincere in what he's saying..I mean, he actually WANTS to be surrounded by fellow persons that share beliefs similar to his own...and no one else. He's probably just a close-minded, conservative nut-case. Nothing wrong with that, we unfortunately already have plenty in this world.

obvious+troll+is+obvious

Appropriate for so many reasons...

I can't tell if you're actually trying to troll or if you're making some sort of satirical commentary on the nature of the modern troll.

I feel the same way, but with white only schools.

I'm sure Liberty University would love to have you. Might be a slight issue with accreditation though.

This is either srs, or part of a brilliant, sustained trolling campaign. I think it's actually srs. bceagles is the cat who posted a few times in the recent fraternity thread about the frat being a great place to meet other christians, or some such nonsense.

Members don't see this ad :)
why would anyone want diversity if they can interact with people of their own faith?

Or race.

Which brings me to the future of medical school. Clone colleges. Its essentially starwars episode 2 but without the war, no girls in tight white pants and everything else awesome is gone too

Appropriate topic for personal statement.

If you are a Seventh Day Adventist, you are in luck at Loma Linda:

The University reserves constitutional and statutory rights as a religious institution and employer to give preference to Seventh-day Adventists in admissions and employment, including but not limited to, 42 USC secs 2000e-l, 2000e-2, sec. 6-15 of Federal Executive order 11246: 41 CFR sec. 60-1.5(5); 20 USC sec. 1681 (a)(3), 34 CFR secs. 106.12 (a)(b), 106.21, 106.31, 106.39, 106.40, 106.51, 106.57; California Government Code secs. 12926(d)(1); and title II, division 4, chapter 2, sec. 7286.5 of the California Code of Regulations, the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and article 1, sec. 4 of the California Constitution. The University believes that title IX regulations are subject to constitutional guarantees against unreasonable entanglement with or infringements on the religious teachings and practices of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The University expects students and employees to uphold biblical principles of morality and deportment as interpreted by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

The University claims exemptions from the provisions of the title IX set forth in 34 CFR secs. 106.12 (a)(b), 106.21, 106.31, 106.39, 106.40, 106.51, and 106.57 insofar as they conflict with Church teachings and practices of morality, deportment, and appearance.

I haven't checked but suspect that the Catholic affilated medical schools (Georgetown, Creighton, Loyola Chicago, St. Louis, NY Medical College) have "religion" in their anti-discrimination statements.

I haven't checked but suspect that the Catholic affilated medical schools (Georgetown, Creighton, Loyola Chicago, St. Louis, NY Medical College) have "religion" in their anti-discrimination statements.
I want to be sure I'm not reading this wrong. Do you mean to say that Georgetown et al. probably give preference to Catholics or don't give special preference to anyone based on their religion?

I want to be sure I'm not reading this wrong. Do you mean to say that Georgetown et al. probably give preference to Catholics or don't give special preference to anyone based on their religion?

LizzyM is saying that those schools specifically state in their anti-discrimination statements that one's religion is not a basis for selection in admissions.

I'm saying that they have anti-discrimination policies such that they do not discriminate against any religion.

Why don't you apply with a group of Christian friends and go to med school together?

His Christian friends probably realized that they couldn't pray their way to a good MCAT score.

God just didn't want them to be a doctor and he knows best.

Which brings me to the future of medical school. Clone colleges. Its essentially starwars episode 2 but without the war, no girls in tight white pants and everything else awesome is gone too

That made my day.

75% of Mexico is Catholic. I suggest to attend Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara Medical Schoolo. You'll be knee deep in christians there. You'll also be eligible to practice in all 50 states. You're in luck. Puerto Rico is 85% Catholic. You can go to one of their Medical schools and still practice in all 50 states as well.

Jesus, they're evolving.

Thing is, you'd think they'd be evolving into something more subtle. I mean, this trolling is as subtle as that creepy, older, mustachioed fellow at the bar creeping on drunken college chicks.

3-ZOO-MULLET.jpg

I'm a Christian and I am glad my school is diverse- I like being able to learn about other classmates religious views and I feel it will help me be a better practioner.

I think Loma Linda is the only medical school that currently has a religious bias when accepting students but I didn't apply because I couldn't imagine medical school without caffeine available in the hospital! Also, Oral Roberts University used to have a medical school but they closed it because their hospital didn't ever get enough patients (they were told when they built it that the city of Tulsa didn't need another hospital yet did it anyways) and the school was in debt.

Thing is, you'd think they'd be evolving into something more subtle. I mean, this trolling is as subtle as that creepy, older, mustachioed fellow at the bar creeping on drunken college chicks.

3-ZOO-MULLET.jpg

hmmm, most of Williamsburg looks like that dude, actually.

This is either srs, or part of a brilliant, sustained trolling campaign. I think it's actually srs. bceagles is the cat who posted a few times in the recent fraternity thread about the frat being a great place to meet other christians, or some such nonsense.

BYX, maybe... Any other Greek letter social fraternity, HELL no.

Wow, even I go to LLU and this thread smells like troll from a mile away. Thanks for that great representation OP

because I couldn't imagine medical school without caffeine available in the hospital!

PS: there is plenty of caffeine available in the hospital here

Wow, even I go to LLU and this thread smells like troll from a mile away. Thanks for that great representation OP

PS: there is plenty of caffeine available in the hospital here

Really? Why is that? I've heard on this forum before that the hospital cafeterias adhere to the SDA dietary guidelines completely -- is that not true?

Really? Why is that? I've heard on this forum before that the hospital cafeterias adhere to the SDA dietary guidelines completely -- is that not true?

I have found that a lot of what is said about LLU on this forum is greatly exaggerated due to Adventist stereotypes, which I guess is understandable. The hospital cafeteria for example in particular does not sell meat, but you can get it within a 5 min walk when you need it (or for me the 5 min drive to in-n-out burger which I prefer... and am now suddenly now craving :thumbup:) Also the break rooms abound with coffee. Especially the ED, when I was on wards in there I had access to more than enough of it all the time haha. Not trying to make them sound like hypocrites or whatever, but the docs/students here do have their own personal preferences, and modern Adventism includes a lot of coffee drinkers/meat eaters. Plus there are a lot of students/attendings/residents who aren't Adventist at all. It's not really a religious thing, but a lifestyle thing. Honestly those of us who do it are statistically not as healthy, but hey, I'll shave a few years off my life for the taste of coffee :D

NYMC primarily serves kosher food. I think there may have been a special section of the cafeteria for non-kosher foods but I couldn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.