Christmas Gift Ideas

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by B_Mo, Nov 26, 2001.

1. B_Mo

B_Mo Junior Member

This might be fun. Anyone have any ideas for Christmas gifts to future med students? Online shopping links would be helpful too.

Here's an example...

<a href="http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Section_Id=11805&Product_Id=49717" target="_blank">Doctor Mickey</a>

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KyGrlDr2B

A word to the wise: If someone already has one stuffed animal dressed like a doctor, DO NOT get them another one. I now have 3 doctor bears and a doctor bunny. It's getting pretty old and I don't know what to do with these. Actually, I didn't mind the last one I got, which was the bunny. When I got my first acceptance, my mom sent me flowers, a congratulations balloon and the doctor bunny. So just for that I like it the best. But please, one is enough.

4. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I just got myself a Compaq iPaq 3835 Handheld PC (like a PalmPilot). I've had it for three days, and I love it.

5. grunermann

grunermann Senior Member

I'm holding out on buying a pocket pc or palm hoping that prices go down and that they become more powerful. Personally, I like nice doctor things that could go in an office or study someday, like a hummel, armani, or lladro sculpture.

6. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The new Pocket PC 2002 based systems (Compaq iPaq, HP Jornada, Casio Cassiopea, etc) are pretty darned powerful, and can do so much more than the Palms can. They are pretty pricey, but you have to dive in sometime. When the current line drops in price, there will be something better than you will want. You can't win. :)

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Enzyme Regulators, Ride!

This one is easy... a new high quality matress and box spring set. Expensive, but man, you just can't underestimate the value of a good [read comfortable!] nights sleep. Especially when we will be relying on only a few precious hours a night to keep us going once school starts in the fall. dh

8. mwilson

mwilson treo

Medical Student
    Damn straight, dh. This will be the last year I sleep on a futon.

9. Col_4:14

Col_4:14 Senior Member