Christus- new contract in Corpus Christi?

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by Arantius, May 3, 2018.

1. Arantius

Arantius ASA Member
    2+ Year Member

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Man o War

2+ Year Member

This is so sketchy. The hospital’s lack of transparency is the sketchiest part.
    Justin Doss looks like he’s about 25- yikes.

4. chocomorsel

chocomorsel Senior Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I had an interview lined up with the old group a couple of years ago. They seemed solid and I was excited to go but hubby wasn’t so I ended up not going. Sucks if I had because as I recall it was two years to partner. So I would have just made partner and been out on my ass.
    We are all so replaceable. Look at what happened in Charlotte and the other NC group.

Looking forward to being employed and or working independently as locums after fellowship. There is no loyalty in this game.

5. Money Moniker

Medical Student
  6. southern_sandman

Don't even think about going with that new group emergenc. They offer 25% or so under market and they're seriously understaffed. It's a disaster waiting to happen and I just hope a patient doesn't get hurt as a result. Emergenc is rebranded Emcare. They had to rebrand, in part, because they were working in some of the rural hospitals years back until the Ob-gyns had several urgent/emergent c-sections they had to do under local anesthesia (field block) because anesthesia was unavailable. That's when Gulf Shore was asked to take over. Spohn went to Gulf Shore, not the other way around. Emergenc can't call themselves "emcare" because of that past experience, but the personnel are emcare and the staffing model (CRNAs working alone, every other night call, working tired the next day, no provision for emergencies) is the same as it was in those days. It's been said the definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result. By that definition, the administration of Christus Spohn is insane because they are repeating that behavior and expecting things will somehow be different.

The "national group" is emcare, but they can't fess up to being that because of past history. The group is founded and based in dishonesty. Dallas is just their physical location.

#5 southern_sandman, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Swamp Gas likes this.
  7. Man o War

2+ Year Member

Jesus.

8. southern_sandman

Jesus has nothing to do with this. But the Catholic church is remotely involved...

Swamp Gas and anbuitachi like this.