Ciardeme, you can do it!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jabba

beezer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ciardeme, let me first tell you that you can do it, get into med school that is. It just depends how much you want it. Are you just going to give up hope, and choose another profession just because you got a low mcat score? Look how far you have gone with your research, and other activites. Now, let me ask you again are you going to give all what you have done just because of 1 exam which proves nothing about a person's passion and quality of becoming a doctor. Hellz NO!!!

I agree with the above post that you should continue your work and activities. And I know you don't want to hear it, but RETAKE the MCAT in a year or two. Drop the way you are studying for the MCAT and just focus on doing passages and do them in a real timely setting. I think your problem is that you are too nervous about this exam.

In this world, I believe that there are two people in medicine. Those who have their path already set and get good grades and have no problem getting into med school. And there are those who seem to have a constant struggle with school, exam, etc; they are the one who is being tested on their passion and dedication in medicine. Though the path is different, the end point is the SAME. And these people are the ones who will make a difference in patient care.

SO don't give up just because you have a little obstacle to overcome.

Members don't see this ad.