Cigar Smoking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karpems

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
One of my friends asked me a question and I had no idea about the answer. So here goes...Is there any link between smoking cigars and cancer, either lung or mouth? I did a medline search but I didn't find anything, so I'm not sure if any studies have been done on this topic directly.
Thanks for the info!
Adam
UNECOM Class of 2008

Members don't see this ad.

Of course, any tobacco product. Not lung, because you don't inhale cigars. Mouth, tongue etc. Ditto for chewing tobacco.

"Cigarette smoking is the cause of 85% to 90% of lung cancer cases; the risk for lung cancers in smokers is 30 times greater than in nonsmokers. Smoking cigars or pipes doubles the risk for lung cancer compared to non-smokers....."

Manual of Clinical Oncology, 4th Ed. pg. 157

Members don't see this ad :)
Weird, who inhales cigars and pipes?

Is it true that Cuban cigars have a very specific taste which makes them different (most experts agree the best), but you can find cigars ranging from light to full body in strength. cigars-topcubans.com

a response to the question "Weird, who inhales cigars and pipes?" i mean evryone who's having a drink in a coffe shop..it is enough that one peaple to smoke near to you and involuntary you will inhal the smoke

It's true you don't inhale when you smoke a cigar. but there is still the second hand smoke.

EH.