Cincinnati area volunteer/ clinical experience opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Memoam0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a student at the University of Cincinnati looking for some volunteer/ shadowing/ clinical experience opportunities in the greater Cincinnati/ Northern Kentucky area as well as some general advice from any UC graduates that got into medical school.

boring personal details for anyone interested :D:
I'm a third year psychology major who just worked up the courage to pursue this. I've wanted to go into medicine for as long as I can remember but my freshman biology professor flat out told me I didn't have what it takes and that I should quit. I tried to look into other careers but I feel like this is one of those things that I will regret for the rest of my life if I don't just go for it. I transferred schools twice mainly because after giving up pre-med I just wasn't happy studying anything else. Now I'm here at UC and I'm working on getting back on the path to medical school. I still have to take 1 year of physics and 1 year of orgo (no small task I'm aware) but other than that my pre reqs are pretty much done.

So... why not help me out ? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Wow your professor told you that? What a jerk. He must be very unhappy with his personal life.

Im not a UC student but I have taken physics and orgo and they both are rough. If possible take easier classes with orgo, especially orgo 2. And if you have the money do an EMT for experience. I volunteered in a hospital for a while and I loved it but I wanted to do more than just change patient bedding and make copies so I'm working on getting my CNA next semester.