Cincinnati vs MUSC-Charleston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted109597

Sorry, I had to get in on this game, and these two were about as polar opposite as I could find.
1. Cincinnati-first EM residency, 4 years, full department, great for research, awesome off-service, spectacular EMS, no ocean, snows, state didn't secede
2. Charleston-youngest (although LV may be younger, hmm) EM residency, 3 years, division currently, not much research yet, so so off-service, unknown EMS (probably will allow as elective), ocean, but floods when it rains, no snow, state was start of Civil War

Any other differences?

Members don't see this ad.

Cincy: Better peds (both floor and Peds ED), will have tons of SDN's around (may be a good or a bad thing), turns out TONS of academic EM folks, heavy flight time, alot more elective time. More pro sports (Reds, Bengals).

Charleston: Better food, chance to be part of the "first" class there

I interviewed in Cincy and absolutely loved it. I didn't interview in Charleston, but it's one of my favorite cities despite being in SC..... ;)

Keith Borg, Cinci Alum ('03), is their new Research Director - so we know they'll have some awesome stuff coming out soon. EM is such a small world...

Members don't see this ad :)
cockroaches.. or palmetto bugs, sorry. aka the State Bird of SC.

Keith Borg, Cinci Alum ('03), is their new Research Director - so we know they'll have some awesome stuff coming out soon. EM is such a small world...

Yeah, I actually knew that once. Before visiting the all of the other places and getting them all mixed up in my mind.

I thought mosquitos were the official bird of SC. That's what the bumper stickers at Clemson said.

Cincy, it is by far one of the best programs. You'd be hard pressed to find anything bad about their program (if anything at all). PD kicks tail, huge volume, and lots of extras that are not at other places.

Was a MS there and can't say enough great things about UC!

Cincy, it is by far one of the best programs. You'd be hard pressed to find anything bad about their program (if anything at all). PD kicks tail, huge volume, and lots of extras that are not at other places.

Was a MS there and can't say enough great things about UC!

Shhhh! Don't tell people this while there is still time to change their ROL's. Wait until after the deadline. :D